Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 144 starter motor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scrmby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11 144 starter motor
    Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 12:32am
Not long bought my P11 Sport+ CVT and as luck would have it I've got a problem! The nice RAC man tells me the starter motor is dead, so I've got 2 questions - is the starter motor for the CVT the same as the 2.0 manual, and does anyone know the part number?

I know it's more of a headache to change on the CVT but I'd have thought there would be no difference to the actual starter motor itself based on transmission type, but I've seen a couple of that are advertised as being for the P11 2.0 but specifically will not fit the CVT version...

Help!
Sonic2 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 3:40pm
Obviously, I would tend to avoid nissan like the plague, as they are typically over expensive and rarely keep parts for older cars in stock.

Motor factor shops tend to be more helpful with parts that are more frequently sold (such as starter motors, alternators, exhausts etc etc) and would probably be my first port of call.

I know my local motor factors only ask me for my registration number, and they know in an instant what cc my car is, etc etc for looking up what I need :)
ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 4:09pm
just try any decent motor factor, most will do you an on exchange basis deal, whereby you give em your old one back, and get some money back. 

nissan will most likely have it, I've bought genuine parts from them for older cars then the 144s, so would be surprised if they didn't stock them, but something like a starter will be more expensive from them. 
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 5:46pm
Thank you for the correct thread title second around one and a big welcome to NPOCWave

I have added "144" to your thread title though, as the P11 and P11 144 are 2 different models of car (despite the 144 being the heavily facelifted update obviously).

Enjoy the forums and take care,
Shaun
Renegade1127 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renegade1127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 6:01pm
They are not the same on CVT and Manual.

CVT starter motor is #233004J606
http://nissan4u.com/parts/primera/er_p11e/2000_10/type_66/engine_electrical/starter_motor/

Manual starter motor is #233002F200
http://nissan4u.com/parts/primera/er_p11e/2000_10/type_65/engine_electrical/starter_motor/

Those are for year 2000 models.

Post Reply Post Reply