Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

nissan primera p12 cross member

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junior40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: nissan primera p12 cross member
    Posted: 17 Aug 2012 at 9:17pm
my front end crossmember is full of corrison what is the cost to replace it
c.callender
plymPRIM97 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plymPRIM97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2012 at 9:24pm
depends on who puts it right for you.  If you have a good pal/mechanic who can weld and you get a replacement from a donor car then not a great deal.  Which model Primera are you driving?
junior40 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junior40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2012 at 9:26pm
I have a primera se 2003 modeli
c.callender
junior40 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junior40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2012 at 9:32pm
I was wondering if I go by nissan after care and see if they can replace it .what is cost of a cross member? can any one help on this one,
thank you in advance

c.callender
redshark1 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redshark1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2012 at 10:01pm

From my records;

Front Crossmember / Front Panel / Radiator Support Panel:

There are two different types that can be used for the P11 -144:

part: 625302J030 used from 96-99

and : 625309F530 used from 96-02

There doesn't seem to be any pattern to usage either.

Non genuine panel £155 eBay / autopanels-castleford

I hope that helps a bit

See my Nissan Primera P11-144 common faults and fixes guide:
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2012 at 10:05pm
They have a P12Thumbs Up I'm just collating the info now and yes your post does indeed helpSmile
dysopath View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dysopath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2012 at 10:17pm
from past experience, I had the same problem with my 2001 Almera, cross member was £35 on ebay  and then I paid in the region of £150 to have it fitted. Im in need of a P11 cross member soon but primera cross members seem to cost more than almeras.
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2012 at 10:25pm
I promise you that going to Nissan will give you a heart attack when they quote you, or it will make you bankrupt, or both!! Don't waste your time even picking up the phone, or the fuel to go and visit them.

The P12 front panel that you need, is available from many motorfactors and panel suppliers (yes it's NON Nissan) but will be fine, it will also be considerably less expensive!

I have referenced the 1st place online I could find for this part and here it is, with an indication of the price:

Now you need to shop around, as you could find it for less!! You need to do the legwork on that one.

The amount of labour that goes into the change is quite scary too.. Read this thread for info on that and it also includes some costings, based on another members experience (he did NOT use Nissan!):

And so you get a visual idea of the amount of work needed.. Here's some piccies (thanks Roy).

You are faced with this at the moment:

And the whole front end of the car has to come off and that whole panel (from the 1st photo), has to be removed and it's not always easy.. This is what the car looks like with the panel removed:

And with the new panel in place and some of the car going back together:

So it is a labour consuming job!! Nissan will pull your pants down and have pleasure in taking you up the arse for this one.. I would estimate easily over £1000 all in, maybe close to £1.5K?

Buy the part from a panel supplier yourself and find a local garage.

I have edited your topic title to make reference to your car being a P12, so it helps others.

Good luck and take care,
Shaun
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2012 at 10:27pm
Oh and just to add... Some members have bought the panel and saved time and money by just cutting out the rotten section of their existing panel and cutting the new panel up and mating it all together... If you find a welder who's up for that, the labour costs will decrease substantially :)
redshark1 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redshark1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2012 at 10:35pm
Awesomely good info and a those pics are a bit too scary for bedtime!
See my Nissan Primera P11-144 common faults and fixes guide:
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>