Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12 2.2dci - irregular idling revs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 2.2dci - irregular idling revs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sajhaji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 2.2dci - irregular idling revs
    Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 2:22am
Hi peeps,

Just bought a 53 plate primera diesel with 123k and hoping to pick some brains if I may.

EML came on, power lost and the AA diagnosed it as p0089 - fuel regulator performance. Did loads of reading and it seems like a common fault with the SCV which I'm happy to replace......however, I came across the reset (learn) fuel pump procedure which is done by pressing the gas pedal a few times along with some other combo's and hey pesto, EML light off, power back and car drives really well. (I was delighted to have fixed something for the first time in my life lol)

Only issue now is each and every time the car is turned on (cold or warm) and stationary, the revs go up and down (about 400 - 900 rpm) and you can hear the engine noise going up/down. Is this something to worry about ? Could it still need a new SCV ? The car has normal power and drives pretty much spot on.

I had a new fuel filter and also put in some forte diesel treatment but still no improvement on he irregular idling revs.

Appreciate any help, feedback or comments.

Thanks,
Saj
Sajhaji View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sajhaji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2012 at 1:56am
Just bumping up - any suggestions anyone ? Really need a solution as to why the revs are going up and Dow regardless of if car is cold / warm
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2012 at 2:17am
Hi Saj. I would check your Glo-plugs.It would only need one down to cause your symptoms.
Take them out and try them on a battery.They must glo WHITE hot,not just red.
Roy
Sajhaji View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sajhaji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2012 at 3:13pm
hi,

just an update, i drove the car for nearly 60 miles on the M1 (motorway) and it was perfect, came off the motorway and could not do above 40mph. Turned the car off for a few minutes, turned it back on and all back to normal.

Im reallt hinking its the SCV but Nissan want £90 just to confirm my thought.

Shall i just go ahead and replace the SCV or pay the £90 and get them to most likely tell me its the SCV ?

I have had the P0089 error come up and loss of power issues as well as abnormal idling.

I would really appreciate any thoughts
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2012 at 6:19pm
Have you tried the reset first?

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p12-all-engines-read-reset-ecu-fuel-pump_topic54932.html

if no success then I would say SVC
Sajhaji View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sajhaji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2012 at 6:41pm
Yes, tried the reset which got rid of the light and gave me some intermittent power but it's still not 100%

I've bought the SCV today, a local mechanic will attempt fitting it. Any advice on how the fitting can be done ? Any advice for my mechanic appreciated.

Fingers firmly crossed that it's all back to normal once it's successfully done.

Thanks,
Saj

imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2012 at 8:10pm
The reset will need to be done once the new SCV is fitted.
Sajhaji View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sajhaji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2012 at 8:17pm
Yep, I'm aware if that. Thanks

Can u do a reset even if the EML is off ?
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2012 at 8:32pm
yes
Sajhaji View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sajhaji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2012 at 5:43pm
Just an update, got the SCV from nissan dealer for £147, paid a local mechanic £40 to fit it and my revs are back to normal. Also carried out the pump reset. I hope that's the end of losing power. So far so good.

Thanks to everyone here, without this thread I would not have been able to diagnose it as a bad SCV.

On a secondary note, I also managed to get another primera's stereo work in my car. Local stereo shop in Leicester charged £50 and it's all working well.

Always good to avoid paying dealer prices
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>