Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 oil leak

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candy1567 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 oil leak
    Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 8:17am
Hi Folks

As the title states have got a slight oil leak, only found this out when i got garden turned into a drive to park the car on!!!!

After waiting the 7 days for the drive to settle, parked the car into a gap the size of a postage stamp lol (was well chuffed) upon moving the car the next day bloody black spot on new driveway. am so not amused!!!  didn't even know i had a leak, never had to top up the oil at all so i probs wouldln't have noticed if i hadn't got the drive done

Have taken it to garage who couldn't find out where the leak is coming from, so they jet washed the engine and am to take it back today so they can look for the leak again.  It seems to be coming from the middle part of the engine, yeah i know could be anything, have already got them to do an oil change as it was due for one to see if it was the oil filter leaking but no such luck lol

Oh well will find out the damage in a few hours, it will probs be a cheap gasket or seal, and about 3 hours labour charge

Juliex
candy1567 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candy1567 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 1:50pm
well was right, need 4 seels and a rocker gasket i think he called it, and the seel by the injectors is leaking as well, sounds like the car is well sick lol

£18 quid for the parts and wait for it 3 hrs labour at £50 an hour

nearly had a heart attack lol   its getting done on wednesday i want it sealed in gold for that price!!!

Juliex
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 2:37pm

Cry but doesn't sound strange.... unfortunately.

Ex: Primera P12 1.9dCi Estate<b
candy1567 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candy1567 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2012 at 9:59pm
oh well got the car fixed last wednesday, rocker gasket and 4 injector seals, cost me £158 quid

I thought great, now to clean my new drive of the oil drips, got scrubbing with come expensive stuff and the marks look as if they have faded.

Gets up yesterday and the bloody things leaking again, and i can see oil coming out of where they replaced the rocker gasket, not a lot but enough to cause the drips.

Am well not happy, its going back to the garage tomorrow

Am now in a panic incase its somthing else and ive got to pay more money

Oh the joys of owning a car lol

Juliex
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2012 at 10:28pm
Cry It ia a horrible feeling, you have placed your trust in the garage that they can cure the leak,spent time, money and effort in your car and drive and not a lot to show for it. Hope it all comes good for youThumbs Up Let us know how you get on.

Had my prim from new and is over 7 years old with 96k on it I must say the first drop of oil i see from it and it is a goner.
candy1567 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candy1567 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 10:06am
Hi everyone

Just need some advice on the above oil leak i still have.

Took car to garage today, he confirmed that it is not leaking by rocker gasket or injector seals which he fixed last wednesday, but he now thinks it coming from the oil pump, but he says that he cant tell as to much in the way for him to be sure it is definately the oil pump.

Wat he suggested is that he gives me a courtesy car on Thursday, then he will keep the car 1 to 2 days, and he will takes bits off the car, put bits back on the car and run it around to find out exactly where the leak is (this is exactly wat he said!!!)

He said its not dangerous to drive as it is only a small drip as we havn't had to top up any oil, he said its only a nusiance leak and that if we hadn't got our drive done then we probs wouldn't have noticed it if we always parked on the road.

Does this sound right to u ppl, i sort of believe him regarding driving the car, as i havn't needed to top up any oil at all, i have no warning lights on, the car feels great to drive and am not loosing any power etc and am not losing anyother fluid eg, coolant etc.  He checked for head damage and said that no cream gunk on oil cap or white smoke, and no oil in water or coolant loss etc so i feel re-assured about that.

Wat is puzzling me is the taking bits off and driving round and putting bits back on, is this normal to find a leak!!!!!

So is it time to cut my losses and get rid of car or hold fire and wait and see

thanks

Juliex
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 10:15am
I think he's right. There are plenty of cars on the road that need topping up between services, and they keep going too.
I'd just keep on driving it. Shame about the black spot on the drive, but technically there is no reason to ditch the car right now.

candy1567 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candy1567 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 10:35am
Hi wickeydude

thanks for the quick reply, i wish it was only 1 black spot on the drive, but its 1 spot every day for the last month or so, so unless we park in exactly the same spot, which we sort of do due to the size of our drive and car, it is only going on 1 flag, but that flag is now looking rather like a dalmation!!!!  which is why i want it fixed, i know its only a small drip, and is about the size of a £1 coin or smaller, but when u have about 15 to 20 of them on one paving flag it doens't look nice lol

oh well just wondering if the pump has any seals on it or would it mean a new pump, dont think i will replace the pump if thats wat is needed sounds like a big expensive job, i will put up with the dalmation drive lol, maybe start a new trend lol (or will paint the bloody thing black!!!)

Julie

wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 11:06am
Just be patient, over time you will only have one spot, just a bit larger

But seriously, I do agree with you, it's not what I would want either. I was just saying I don't think it's bad for the car.

As to how expensive the fixing would be, I haven't got a clue....

candy1567 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candy1567 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 11:14am
thanks for the reply

have calmed down a bit now and am more rational, well as rational as i can be lol

at least the car hasn't died a death, or the engine knackered and no one has died

on the joys of owning a car,

Right just warning all use lot that them Euro's tonight have my name on it, just need to remember where i put the tickets!!!!

Juliex
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>