Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Indicator Cancel the Cruise

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aamier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 Indicator Cancel the Cruise
    Posted: 21 Sep 2012 at 3:12pm
hello everyone

hope you all well.

this just happening today, maybe is because of the rain or something.

when i setup the cruise control at any speed well 70+, when i indicate to the right, it cancels the cruise control.

i did this on normal driving with out cruise and no power failure or anything, its just the cruise control, its basically gets cancelled as soon as i indicate to the right.

my car is a 54 plate p12 SVE.

any suggestions please.

thanks

aamier View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aamier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2012 at 3:15pm
apologies i forgot to add the primera to the title
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2012 at 3:51pm
have you done the earth fix?
aamier View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aamier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2012 at 5:01pm
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2012 at 5:04pm
Nothing wrong with this, I'm 99.9% sure that is supposed to happen :) I recently read the P12 handbook on cruise control, before testing it in my girlfriends P12 and I deffo remember a reference to one of the indicators cancelling cruise and it did indeed, when I took it out on the road and tested the CC. Read the handbook, I'm so sure it's in there and nothing is wrong here, it's designed that way, for safety when overtaking etc. I'll be seeing her tonight (girlfriend and P12 LOL), so I'll double check myself later.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2012 at 5:26pm
Unless the system is different between 1st and 2nd edition P12 the system does not cancel when operating the indicators, mine (2nd edition) has never done it and no mention in the manual. Interesting re-reading though, note to self, never, ever change to neutral with using the clutch with cruise control enabled.
Electrolyte View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2012 at 5:59pm
No reference to this function in my handbook either or service manual though kinda makes sense if it's the ICC version as opposed to the ASD version .Ages since I've had a chance to use it so can't say for def  ( ASD version ).
Also noticed the part where it says not to shift into neutral or engine damage will be caused yet further on it states moving into neutral will cancel CC but doesn't mention dipping clutch first
If in doubt give it a clout!
aamier View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aamier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2012 at 9:51pm
hello everyone

thank you all for getting back to me.

to be honest i,m more confused now after reading this, if it is a safety feature then i can accept that but i have to say that if it is it is not consistent.

as sometimes this it cancels and some times it doesn't and if it is a standard safe feature then surley it should cancel every time.

i have tested few times and some times it cancels and some times it doesnt and it only started doing this today.

aamier View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aamier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2012 at 9:53pm
@ essNchill

any news on this mate from the test.

thanks 
aamier View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aamier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2012 at 9:56pm
also i,m not sure what you mean in terms asd version and icc.

does that mean my version, the one with orange lights is the version  is the version where the cancel shouldnt happen?

do i need the earth fix (posted link) to fix this?

thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>