Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Owners Manual

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhirlJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 Owners Manual
    Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 9:51am
I've just bought a 52 plate P12 1.8 S. It did not come with an owner's manual and although I have figured out most of the functions of the centre display, I'm still confused about many of the others.

I used to work for a Nissan garage but left to join the IT industry in '97, so my knowledge ends with the P11...Confused

I've looked on eBay but don't fancy paying £18-£20 + P&P just for this info.

If anyone has a link or feels incredibly kind enough to scan the relevant pages, I'd be very grateful indeed.

TIA
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 9:55am
timeshock has created an excellent how-to on the screen. It's for the facelift version, but the earlier menus are almost identical.

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p12-face-lift-version-console-screen_topic43431.html

Ex: Primera P12 1.9dCi Estate<b
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 10:02am
This may or may not help (I'm erring on the may not) and mainly as I'm not a P12 owner... But I do know that you have the 1st edition P12 and it got facelifted / revised in 2004.. So there may be some massive differences between the centre display etc etc..

But have a mooch at this and see if it's any good (was written for the facelift):

Be interested maself if it's any good (for future reference).. So please let us know.

Take care,
Shaun
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 10:03am
God damn EricLOL I did just finish an 11 hour night shift though LOL!
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 10:06am

nightynight then!!

WhirlJack View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhirlJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 10:21am
Thanks guys for the link.

Unfortunately, that's the all singing, all dancing display. The S just has a text based console, so that post is no good...

The difference between them is like DOS and Windows 7...Tongue
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 10:29am
You've got one of these then?
(pic borrowed from elsewhere on the forum)

Those are not very common over here, I guess. You could try PM-ing member Bongo, ask him for advice.

Do you have any specific things you want to know?
If you post piccies of what you see, we could try and make some guesses with you.

WhirlJack View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhirlJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 10:39am
That's the puppy!

You say they are not very common 'over here'...That's a bit worrying!

So does Bongo have the same model?

I really would like to know how the trip computer works and some other bits and bobs.

I'm signing off for now but will be back on later.

wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 10:44am
By 'over here' I mean on the forum. I saw only two other members with that screen, I think.
But I never pretend to know it all

Post Reply Post Reply