Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Fan Blower stuck on FULL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 6:47pm
Good news RoyThumbs Up
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 10:11pm
Clap Well done Roy and thanks for the update / closure.

Take care,
Shaun

PS - Big big thanks to all the members who took the time and helped out on this one too.
mans View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2012 at 12:12pm
Hi There just read all about the fan control problem you had and wondered if you could point me in the direction of the info that you were given on how to strip and repair it. My P12 fan heating fan recently stopped working all together the digital display goes up the bars but the fan itself does,nt do anything. It is impossible to demist the car now and it never gets warm enough. A local car electrician
says it could cost £300 to fix and he is not sure of the problem until he checks out the system.It sounds as if your initial problem was similar to mine, can you help out.
Cheers Paul 
p manfield
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2012 at 1:23pm
You can get the module for around £40 if you don't want to or can't repair.
Also recommended to change the pollen filter at the same time as suspected a blocked one is what causes it to blow.

Link for replacement/repair from the first page of this thread
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2012 at 3:30pm
thought I already said that ^^^ in that other topic.

Ex: Primera P12 1.9dCi Estate<b
ryteker View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryteker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 9:03am
Hi Mans,
It is more than likely the high temperature fuse, unfortunately the one referenced to in the repair link was no longer available at Maplin but I managed to get some that are 153 degree which are slightly bigger but do still fit ok.
I also had the IGFET 'blow' as well, so ended up replaceing that as well ....
The IGFET is still available from eBay ... ebay number removed by Mod
I also replaced the pollen filter ... that made a big difference as well.

ryteker View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryteker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 3:34pm
Hi All again,
I mentioned in my previous post thta I managed to get some of the 153 degree fuses, having checked them, they are actually 152 degree.
These were from Farnell - Order No. 187069 @ 65p each, + VAT + POSTAGE which for buying one can work out a bit pricey.
eBay reference removed by Mod - Please use caution, linking to your own items is only ever going to be seen one way.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234