Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12 Help - Headlight Bulb Holder
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Help - Headlight Bulb Holder

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasonmcasey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 Help - Headlight Bulb Holder
    Posted: 26 Nov 2012 at 7:23pm
Hi

Earlier this year my parents gave me their old (52 plate) Nissan Primera P12. When I received it, one of the headlights wasn't working. My dad told me at the time that it would be simple to fix, all I had to do was find a scrap yard with a Nissan Primera and get another bulb holder from it.

On my Primera, the front driver side headlight bulb holder has basically melted. So I spent a long time ringing some local scrap yards/vehicle breakers (20 of them!). Not a single one of them had a P12 Primera :(

Is it possible to get this small plastic/metal bulb holder from anywhere else?

There's also a second issue with a beeping noise when I indicate. If I indicate right it beeps periodically. If I indicate left after indicating right then it will beep once and then be quiet. My dad told me he had done the earth fix on the lights at the rear because the car was idling too high. After carrying out the earth fix it started beeping. I disconnected the earth to see if that would stop the beeping but it made no difference.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated :)
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2012 at 8:06pm
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake
The beeping when working correctly  is a warning when turning and using the indicators that you are towing something. This sometimes goes wrong when there is damage to the tow bar of if not fitted either a bulb has blown of an incorrect bulb has been fitted. Some on here never find the solution.
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2012 at 8:43pm
Hi and welcome!
You might want to try nissan for that bulb holder, or the bay of e.

To add to the info that timeshock gave, there are some who have disabled their buzzer.
More info here: http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/nissan-primera-p12-estate-indicator-buzzer_topic57043.html

Ex: Primera P12 1.9dCi Estate<b
jasonmcasey View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasonmcasey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 3:02pm
Thanks for the advice guys. I went to Nissan in Warwick and they gave me a part number to replace the bulb holder. I looked for it on the Internet and decided that for the price (£10ish), I'd rather just have it from Nissan. Picked the part up today and it's completely wrong :-(

They had a further look in to it and said the only way they could replace it would be to get a whole new headlight - over £200.

Decided that was a bit too much so I visited a local electrical store and got a generic h7 bulb holder. I've managed to tape it and the metal that locks the bulb in together. This only cost me £4.80 so I was understandably pleased!

My only problem now is that I can't take my headlight out to put in my replacement holder. I looked at the electronic service manual and it says that once you've removed all the bolts/plastic, you just have to pull it out. It feels like it's stuck somewhere inside, like there could be another bolt. Will I have to remove the bumper to get this off? Or is it a lot easier than that?
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 3:24pm
Did you also remove the two bolts that sit underneath the unit? They are a pain to get at, but you need to get them out.
If u did that, then it is also held by a plastic clip. If you pull the unit straight forward, it will come out.

This post might help:
http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/nissan-primera-p12-headlight-removal_topic46577_post620304.html#620304

jasonmcasey View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasonmcasey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 4:16pm
Hi Wickydude, thanks for the advice.

I tried to locate these two bolts but it seems like I had no luck today. I did see two that were right next to each other (about 1-2cms apart) but they looked like they were part of the headlight? When I tried to move the headlight, they were moving with it so I assumed it wasn't those. They were right next to the washer fluid funnel.

I looked at that picture in the other thread you linked but I'm not sure which bit is the problem. No. 10 on that picture definitely comes out, is it number 11 that i'm looking for?
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 8:03pm
Those are the two to remove. They hold the headlight in that black bracket you can see in the picture.

You can take the funnel out by twisting and pulling. (It sits tight because there is an o-ring on it). That will give you more room for your hand(s).

Post Reply Post Reply