Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New member looking for car

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonathan_dyane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New member looking for car
    Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 3:43pm
Hello everyone. I've just signed up today because I'm seriously considering a p11 estate as my next car. I'm currently running a Merc 190D but the gearbox is on it's way out and I may just throw the towel in.

Always liked the Primera, and once worked for NDS which was when I first admired them. One thing I can't decide is petrol v diesel; am I right in thinking the petrols are pretty good on fuel? What could I expect to get out of a 2.0 petrol in comparison to the diesel?

Thanks,
Jonathan.
rrbarny View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
The Weakest Link!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rrbarny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 4:01pm
Welcome to the forum.
The 2.0 petrol will give you 40+ on a run low 30s round town,even the GT`s unless you have a lead foot lol.The P12 is by far the better bet diesel wise.
Too old to leave too young to get me pension.
COTM Jan 2013.
I`ve now got me pension
plymPRIM97 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plymPRIM97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 4:01pm
can you see the cars for sale section?  I am not saying there is an estate on there but can you see it?  Also - roughly where do you live?  I might have a lead for you.
Stevie-Boy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Legend Elite

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie-Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 4:06pm
Welcome to the club Wave.

I have a P11-144 2.0 estate and that gives me an average of about 33mpg as indicated by the onboard computer.

This is very much a mix of around the doors and some motorway/dual carriageway. The most I have got the computer to say on a run was 35mpg.
2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Member of the Month: Jan 2014
ex P11 Si, P11 GT, P11-144 Sport+, P11 GT Turbo, P11-144 Wagon, Subaru Legacy B4 RSK, 350z, Type R
jonathan_dyane View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonathan_dyane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 4:17pm
Thanks for the quick replies lads; Plymprim97 I'm in the Northwest.
Stevie-Boy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Legend Elite

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie-Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 4:24pm
What I always seem to remember picking up about the 2.0TD was that it's pretty gutless though so the slightly extra MPG might actually be cancelled out by having to cane it everywhere to lug the extra size about.
2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Member of the Month: Jan 2014
ex P11 Si, P11 GT, P11-144 Sport+, P11 GT Turbo, P11-144 Wagon, Subaru Legacy B4 RSK, 350z, Type R
Grim View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

r1pp3R

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 4:58pm
Ive had both and you may aswell get a petrol one.
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by plymPRIM97 plymPRIM97 wrote:

can you see the cars for sale section?  I am not saying there is an estate on there but can you see it?  Also - roughly where do you live?  I might have a lead for you.

Yes he can (all registered members can).

A big welcome to NPOC Jonathan :)

Enjoy the forums and take care,
Shaun
redshark1 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redshark1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 7:47pm
If you are keen on getting good mpg you shouldn't be looking at a primera in my opinion.

There are much more economical cars to be had.

It's tolerable for me as I am used to it. I have had three 1.8 litre cars in a row and all have given me an average of 29 mpg.
See my Nissan Primera P11-144 common faults and fixes guide:
SteveB View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 8:06pm
A 2.0 petrol P11 (don't know about P11-144's) should get 39mpg average to and fro any speed you like but they HATE short journeys as then you're down to 30mpg. My 149,000m P11 got 48mpg as measured accurately in the summer (cold weather drops mpg by 2mpg) on a 250m motorway run when the engine was hot when I filled and I didn't stop until topping up. Bsaically they like long runs and dislike cold engines, I reckon they drink petrol for the first 4 miles. Speed certainly up to a real 80 doesn't have much effect.
1997 2.0 SLX P11
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>