Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Radio saying "Secure"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robertgroves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 Radio saying "Secure"
    Posted: 20 Jan 2013 at 7:14pm
Hi, i have just bought a Nissan Primera SVE and discovered that the radio/Satnav is not working. when pressing the 'on' button, the screen displays 'SECURE' and nothing happens.
Navigation system owners manual states that the anti theft function is working??

Previous owner has neglected to fill in the Key code and NATS Pin Code

Any hints/help would be much appreciated

Bob
ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2013 at 8:08pm
hi and welcome to npoc. 

that is an odd one as the radio should be coded to the ecu, unless you can find the code for it, your only hope is gonna be a visit to nissan to get them to recode it for you
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2013 at 9:00pm
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake
First off. are you sure you hav Sat Nav fitted, you will either have a DVD player under the CD player of under the front passenger seat dependent on the edition of your P12.
What colour is the Secure message is shown, all equipment on the P12 is hard coded so you do not need anything but the right keyfob
robertgroves View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robertgroves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2013 at 9:44pm
Hi, thanks for the welcome, Sat Nav is fitted and there is a dvd player under the cd player in the center console. After starting the engine, the satnav gives the language option then shows my location on map, then after about 1 min the screen goes blank with the word SECURE highlighted in light green appears and no further satnav or radio options are available. pressing climate control knob returns the screen to the climate control panel which is fully functional.
Thanks for your comments.

Bob
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2013 at 10:01pm
A light green background and the word secure indicates either a fault with the radio/cd or the unit has been replaced and not re-coded to the ecu. If you bought this through a dealer take it back to them to get it sorted. Did you test drive this before you bought it? did it happen while you drove it or has it just happened?
Electrolyte View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 10:55am
Think some have cured this by disconnecting battery for 30 mins.
If in doubt give it a clout!
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 12:21pm
Battery disconnect is a good one to try. these faults can be lots of things.
I got a green secure warning once because the right channel speakers were cut (because I was installing a carkit). That disappeared after reconnecting the speakers and turning the ignition off and back on.

Ex: Primera P12 1.9dCi Estate<b
robertgroves View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robertgroves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 12:24pm
Hi, thanks for the top tip! i disconnected the battery for 40 mins and when i re-connected it, hey-presto, radio and satnav came to life!!!!! thanks to all for hints and comments

Next query, i was told that there is seat heating, looking under the drivers seat there is wiring and what appears to be a fan unit, owners manual shows seat heating switches to be on the center console, but..... none visible. any ideas?

Bob
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 12:31pm
The heating is in the seat, not below.
It's probably the subwoofer, if it looks something like the bottom right of this pic.

Ex: Primera P12 1.9dCi Estate<b
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 12:53pm
Seat heating switches are adjacent to the handbrake
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>