Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Radio saying "Secure"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2013 at 1:54pm
Sounds like the mechanism has jammed.
All six cd's are held inside.
Give clarion a call and see what they say.
If sat nav is fitted the dvd unit will be under the front passenger seat.

If in doubt give it a clout!
Tweedales View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tweedales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 10:13pm
Update on my radio problem. Contacted Clarion and they were very helpful, unlike Nissan, and they said it would have been jump starting the car when the battery was flat that has damaged the radio. They will repair it if I send it to them but at quite a cost, up to £200. Need to get someone to take it out first but haven't had a chance yet.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 10:24pm
Seems expensive, what about a 2nd hand one and getting it recoded?
Yu could take it out yourself

mjb View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 7:43pm
Hello,had this problem today,came out of the blue,used the car this morning all was fine ,used it later and the problem occurred,SECURE,but thanks to the advice on this forum it now works,advice was DISCONNECT THE BATTERY ,after 45mins reconnected and all was fine ,thankyou mjb.
oludave View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oludave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 11:28am
Mine fits all the description highlighted by Bob but the difference is that the "SECURE" in my Display is highlighted in Yellow and not Green.

Will removing the Battery for 30 mins as suggested here be of any good?

I will for ever be grateful for your help guys 
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by oludave oludave wrote:

Mine fits all the description highlighted by Bob but the difference is that the "SECURE" in my Display is highlighted in Yellow and not Green.

Will removing the Battery for 30 mins as suggested here be of any good?

I will for ever be grateful for your help guys 
Your issue is not like Bob's hence why the secure message is in a different colour.

Have you tried the battery disconnect work around?
oludave View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oludave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 9:32pm
timeshock!, thanks for your response.  

I did the Battery Removal twice, first for 30mins and then 45mins but got the same result but this time around the Radio works but the "SECURE" with Yellow highlighted background is still there.

I then browse this site for how to remove the Console which i found here :http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/nissan-primera-p12-disc-stuck-in-cd-player_topic14557.html

after taking everything out as described, i discovered the that there are no Cables/leads at all on the DVD Navigation System. None connecting the DVD Rom to the Screen or anything. But there is cables/leads on the CD Rom one of which is connected to the Lcd Screen. There is also another connection port at the back of the screen with no cable/lead on.

The DVD Rom has two connection ports with no cable/leads and a small one looking like a LAN port
The CD Rom has three connection ports and an antena port, two has cables/leads connected while one has none.

I have a feeling that once i can lay hands on the missing cables/leads and connect them according, then all should be ok.

If this is the way to go, then my worries is where to buy these cables/leads from

Thank you all for your time
oludave View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oludave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 9:36pm
NB

I bought this Beauty used and its a 53 plate

The garage i but it from took advantage of the fact that i sent someone to fetch it for me
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 10:03pm
If you ask me I'd say that someone was in the process of adding/replacing cd player and/or sat nav, but gave up without getting it to work... ???
There's a good chance that the system will need to be recoded to the car once you've found the correct wiring.

Ex: Primera P12 1.9dCi Estate<b
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 10:15pm
I would agree, it is a retro fit and as we know is notoriously difficult and filled with pit falls
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>