Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 1.9 dci mpg problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote navodruck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 10:27am
Hello guys again, im returnig to my mpg problems, 

had 1 week of my job, so was constantly going fishing every day, only straights 30-80 KM, no city driving. dont pass 2000 rpm,  and still only 7L/100 filling again up to brim . also here was cold last week -15 -  -5 C. 

Regarding MAF,  Just for myself i bought one new chinese MAF here at local shop(26 euro) , fitted it ,and got strange responses from mine nissan,  past 2000 strange sounds came from bonnet. so pluged in mine original maf, and sounds disapeared. So maybe mine maf working normal ? as i dont see diffirence in unpluged or pluged in oem maf driving. 

Primera P12 2005 1.9 dci
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 12:11pm
The cold does not help getting better mileage in any case
Mine is now also doing 6,3 ish l/100, even on longer trips (100km) at temps between -4 and +2 with high windspeeds.

In what area are you?

Oh, and those chinese mafs are better left in china...

Ex: Primera P12 1.9dCi Estate<b
navodruck View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote navodruck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 12:57pm
im From Lithuania, 

regarding chinese maf, if i want to return them back to shop, but hell ! i need firstly to run diagnosis, that this maf is really not working, dont know how to even do the diagnosis, to prove seller that this maf is not working normal with my primera, anyone know what voltages should be in diffirent range of rpm ? 
Primera P12 2005 1.9 dci
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 1:29pm
Over here we have the right to return any purchased item within 7 days, without any reason. Can't imagine that would be different at your place.

I'm not sure the maf puts out a varying voltage, could also be pulses.
The EC-F9Q section of the manual says only that you should measure 0.6v +-0,1 between terminals 1 and 2 of the sensor, with ignition on and engine not running.

redshark1 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redshark1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 6:08pm
Yes, should be no problem returning MAF especially as it is not working to your satisfaction.
See my Nissan Primera P11-144 common faults and fixes guide:
navodruck View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote navodruck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 7:53am
Yes its true, 

but these stupid sellers , want the proves that maf isnt working normal, even if i tell them, that car is like choking after 2000 rpms, so now i will try to check voltages. 

Even maybe this maf is working, but not correct on my car. 

Primera P12 2005 1.9 dci
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 8:05am
Well, then ask them what values tey think the MAF should give.
I'll bet you 10 to 1 they won't know.

navodruck View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote navodruck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 8:31am
dear friend, can anyone tell me, about checking voltage with ignition ON, ""Check the voltage between terminals 2 and 1 of the maf sensor""  where the hell these terminals are? 
Primera P12 2005 1.9 dci
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 9:59am
Take a look at the service manual,section for Engine control F9Q (EC-F9Q) page 176.
If you haven't downloaded it yet, you can find it here

navodruck View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote navodruck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 11:22am
ok, 176 page, so i see on botom page, the numbers it is ok, 
but the question is how i need to put in tester, how to reach this part, when ignition on, :/ 
Primera P12 2005 1.9 dci
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>