Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - nissan primera p12 electric seat and sat nav issue
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

nissan primera p12 electric seat and sat nav issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FULHAM75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: nissan primera p12 electric seat and sat nav issue
    Posted: 05 Mar 2013 at 11:07pm
heloo everyone ,did a post earlier but seems i did it wrong ,so here goes again.i have a nissan primera p12 estate 2.2 diesel sve 2002.i purchased a leather interior for it seats from a hatch back,anyway fitted the rear seats,removed the manual cloth seats,and was hoping that the loom would be there for the electric connections,as some car makers do,but no joy.the air bag connections are also different,could anyone point me in the right direction as to how to wire them up?OR IS IT A JOB FOR AUTO ELECTRICIAN££££££££££££££    electrics are not my strong point ,but okay if i know what and where to connect.okay sorry to bore you ,but yes the dreaded sat nav issue,my display works,all functions work,apart from sat nav ,yes you guessed it disc error,i tried a cleaning disc,the one with voice instructions,worked fine in the cd ,but in the sat nav still said disc error,im thinking that there is no power in the unit,it will load the disc and eject but its not spinning,i also noticed that the illumination light on the eject button and the light where the disc slides in is also not working,when the lights are on,thats why im thinking no power ,but of course i could be completly wrong ,any help on either subject would be very much appreciated cheers steve
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 7:26am
Whoa, that post could use a few "RETURN"s.

The DVD I don't know about, I'd start by taking it out anc check if the unit gets power.
For that, and for the seat heating, I'd suggest downloading the factory service manual here.
The SE section will show you how the original seat connections were. I think you basically need a switched 12V and earth.

Ex: Primera P12 1.9dCi Estate<b
FULHAM75 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FULHAM75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 7:37am
thanks for that,yes i will look for that,i take it that the wiring diagram will also show connections for the electric seat functions as well ? to be honest im not to bothered about the heated seats,just the electric seat function,anyway i dont have the heated seat switches,and cant seem to find them on ebay or other places thanks again
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 10:10am
Yeah, it also shows the power seats connections. Also basically a 12V and ground (but behind a fuse, of course, for both the heating and the seat functions).
there's a few on ebay. Search for "nissan p12 switch seat".

FULHAM75 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FULHAM75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 10:23am
thanks again,the large white connections under the electric seat are either different sizes or more pins connection,i take it these are the airbag connectors?are the two small connectors at the front of the seat for the heating and power function cheers 
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 11:36am
Sorry mate, don't know the exact plugs layout. You're gonna have to do some homework with the servicemanual I mentioned. Section SE for the seats, PG for the location of all the electrical bits.

Post Reply Post Reply