Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Purchasing a p12 t spec or sve dci

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woodsmaths Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Purchasing a p12 t spec or sve dci
    Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 5:07pm
Hi guys
I am a new member, previously having owned two p11s. One was an auto Sport and my current is an SE plus manual. Both had front end rust problems but the 2 litre petrol engines have been bullet proof. I need a car that will cope with a 90mile trip each day. I really fancy a p12 t spec or sve dci and have seen a couple priced at about 2.5k with 80 ish thousand on the clock. Do you think this a good move or would I be better looking at a German diesel equivalent? Will the dci or di be as reliable as the petrols I have been used to?
Thanks for any help.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 5:25pm
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake
I have an 05 DCi and owned it from 6mths old with 5.5K on it and it now has 103k on it. In that time I have had to replace the turbo, fuel filter, and battery plus the usual brakes, discs and other serviceable items. I love the car but was bitterly disappointed of having to replace the turbo at 62k.
It is not the same drive as my old p10 but I do love the looks and the toys on my SVE. It is a comfortable solid car and with TLC/regular maintenance should provide good service.
You are doing a lot of miles and if i'm honest the p12 is not the most economical cars out there, diesel or petrol.
The rest as they say is up to you.Thumbs Up
Woodsmaths View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woodsmaths Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 6:15pm
Thanks time shock
How much did all that TLC cost you?
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 6:51pm
I believe the new better hybrid turbo is available for a around £800 + fitting, the battery was £100 big and powerful it is, and the filter was about £60 quid fitted
fossyant View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fossyant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 7:36pm
Had my petrol SVE 10 years. Been very reliable. Usual maintenance stuff, pads, anti roll bar links, tyres etc. only major cost were an air con radiator 5 years ago that was damaged by debris and recently a new cat and a cv joint due to a cracked abs ring. Air con rad was 400, cat was 600 (no aftermarket one so was a Nissan unit done by my local garage) and the cv joint and tracking 160.

Do all my own servicing.
fossyant View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fossyant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 7:40pm
The only thing I would say is check the front panel that supports the radiator. Nissan don't paint or rust proof them properly. I've always kept painting and undersealing mine, but got ad advisory at MOT for some corrosion. Probably got it as it had had a fresh coat of paint. It's the same with many Nissans.

They aren't a structural part, but worth checking as they can become Swiss cheese if not looked after.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woodsmaths Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 7:50pm
Thanks Fossyant
My current p11 has the radiator held with cable ties as the shelf is caput. It's amazing how it has carried on but won't get through the MOT. Does the P12 have the same problem?
Thanks again.
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 10:38pm
Yes it does sadly Ouch

And a big welcome to NPOC too.

Enjoy the forums and take care,
Shaun
bdmhenderson View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bdmhenderson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 11:11pm
Just got a P12 SX 2005 plate 55k Miles, £1995

Lovely car - only had it since yesterday but like the toys, fingers crossed, touch wood etc that the turbo will last - could do without a bill that costs around 50% of the car!
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woodsmaths Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 9:15am
Thanks everyone for the hints, tips and advice. I will let you know what I buy.
 Post Reply Post Reply