Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - nissan primera p11-144 timing chain change help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

nissan primera p11-144 timing chain change help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote japimport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: nissan primera p11-144 timing chain change help
    Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 11:34am
im going to change the timing chain in my car,ive checked the protrusion and its about 20mm,so today im taking everything apart ready to change the chain,as of now ive drained coolant,drained oil removed plugs and rocker cover,and the alternator belt but i cant get the power steering pump to move ive loosened the adjusting bolt and its not budging as i need to remove this belt aswell am i doing something wrong any help would be appreciated,
japimport View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote japimport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 11:45am
its ok i got itLOL
japimport View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote japimport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 3:11pm
ok i have a problem the place where i ordered my timing chain say they only have the chain,im ringing all the motor factors for the kit and they dont have it,so ive being looking on ebay how do i make sure im geting the right kit,as ive seen non vvt timing chain kits and vvt kits which one do i need 
japimport View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote japimport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 5:20pm
ok ive got the timing chain kit and im at the stage where ive to put ring gear stopper in and take out starter motor,ive no impact gun,so any tips in doing this would be appreciated,and i havent got a ring  gear stopper,whatever that is, could i use something other than the ring gear stopper as ill be taken the crankshaft pulley of for the next part
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 7:53pm
Do you mean some thing to stop the engine turning ??
Ant-Dat View Drop Down
NPOC Legend
NPOC Legend
1998 Primera GT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant-Dat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by japimport japimport wrote:

ok ive got the timing chain kit and im at the stage where ive to put ring gear stopper in and take out starter motor,ive no impact gun,so any tips in doing this would be appreciated,and i havent got a ring  gear stopper,whatever that is, could i use something other than the ring gear stopper as ill be taken the crankshaft pulley of for the next part

put car in gear with wheels on ground and apply brakes (handbrake should be enough)
then loosen crankshaft pulley bolt

SB "he isn't human, he is a machine that never falter
japimport View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote japimport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 9:47pm
yes its to stop the crank shaft pulley from turning while loosen the bolt
japimport View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote japimport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by Ant-Dat Ant-Dat wrote:

Originally posted by japimport japimport wrote:

put car in gear with wheels on ground and apply brakes (handbrake should be enough)
then loosen crankshaft pulley bolt

ok thanks Thumbs Upill give it ago in the morning,and one more thing,would i need to buy a pulley tool to remove the pulley  or will a pry bar take it off thanks for your helpSmile
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 10:00pm
Best to get a pulley tool really to avoid damage,but you can remove it without by getting a long extension and hitting it with a hammer from the backside on each half of the pulley at bit at a time till its off,but be very careful and its easy to chip the pulley on the edges.

Best to replace the crank seal also to avoid oil leaks,OEM seal the best to get. 

Any traces of oil in that area now ??
japimport View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote japimport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by p11primeragt p11primeragt wrote:

Best to get a pulley tool really to avoid damage,but you can remove it without by getting a long extension and hitting it with a hammer from the backside on each half of the pulley at bit at a time till its off,but be very careful and its easy to chip the pulley on the edges.

Best to replace the crank seal also to avoid oil leaks,OEM seal the best to get. 

Any traces of oil in that area now ??

no sign of an oil leak in that area,im going to change the water pump aswell while im doing the chain
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>