Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Sat Nav Query

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyddol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 Sat Nav Query
    Posted: 18 Jul 2013 at 8:26pm
Hi folks, Hello to all, this is my first posting. Have taken delivery of a P12 Hatch 2004 with 2.2ltr diesel engine DCi. There was no sat nav disk with the vehicle and pressing the map button has no effect.I was wondering if there is some way of establishing what I should be looking for (purchase). i.e. a cd or dvd, and how can I establish what to order? Are there different types of programs and do I need the original for any updates to work? Sorry if this subject has been done to death previously but I really could do with some assistance. 
ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2013 at 8:39pm
hi and welcome to npoc, 

all the P12s may have a map button, but doesn't mean they will have Sat Nav function...they only came with the higher spec models...

you should have a slot for a DVD player somewhere, I forget if its location am sure a P12 owner will be along soon to confirm, but if you don't have that, then sorry it doesn't have sat nav
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK
shurv View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shurv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2013 at 8:46pm
The dvd unit is under passenger seat

tonyddol View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyddol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2013 at 9:34pm
Thanks ragt20and shurv for your speedy reply. There is no dvd player under the passengers seat there is a type cd player on the dash that in my ignorance I thought was pertaining to the sat nav system. I think we can conclude from this that sat nav is not a feature of my model.Cry Thanks again guys you were a great help.  
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2013 at 12:13am
There are two versions of the P12, 2002 -2004 and 2004 -2006. The first version if sat nav is fitted is in the dash with a DVD player located below the CD player.
The second edition moved the DVD player as well as many other changes from the dash to under the passenger seat but again not all P12 second editions came with sat nav
tonyddol View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyddol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2013 at 7:26am
Hi timeshock, My P12 is the earlier 2004 (03/04)model with just the dash mounted cd player. My problem now is what to do about it. The Primera suits my needs admirably and the lack of sat nav is not the end of the world. However, it was advertised as being fitted with Sat Nav and it would have been a plus. I bought it from a reputable garage and I suspect this was a misunderstanding rather than an attempt to defraud. The question is what to do next...... I will contact the garage today, some 50 miles from were I live and let you know there reaction.  
tonyddol View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyddol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2013 at 8:12pm
Contacted the dealer and he has conceded there was an error in his description which he says was unintentional and I'm inclined to believe him. He has offered a refund of a not insignificant amount of money and I have accepted his offer. Whether it is possible to retro fit a sat nav is something I can investigate in the future. Thanks everyone for your input 
ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2013 at 8:14pm
cool, least that is resolved, and dealer was decent enough to offer some money back...retro fit can be done, but the cost of it will make it not worth your while, you could buy a couple of Tom Toms for the amount of money and hassle of retro fitting..
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK
montgomery View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montgomery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2013 at 11:41pm
Hi I have just purchased a P12 estate, with a sat nav, the location on the estate is in the boot lid, not sure what P12 you have but I thinks whether its an estate on not you may want to take a look
montgomery
fossyant View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fossyant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2013 at 8:42pm
Retro fitting is too expensive. Spend the wonga on a slimline Tom Tom.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>