Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P11 - stereo wiring conversion prob
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 - stereo wiring conversion prob

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nissan_ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11 - stereo wiring conversion prob
    Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 2:33pm
Hi guys,

Hoping someone can help with a wiring issue I'm having whilst trying to replace the factory stereo. I've pulled the Blaupunkt BP6350 out and am trying to replace it with a Sony CDX-GT300. However, the wiring doesn't match up exactly so some kind of adapter is needed for the plugs and antenna. Can anyone either advise the best adapter, or supply a wiring diagram for the factory unit? I also need to hook up the loom to a socket on the Sony labelled Bus In, in order to control the CD changer - does anyone know how I can do this and which adapter I will need?

Thanks in advance for all assistance! Much appreciated.
Ed
rrbarny View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
The Weakest Link!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rrbarny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 4:57pm
Have a look here :-

http://www.npoc.co.uk/Forum/p11-head-unit-removal-aftermarket-fit_topic4532.html

You`ll need an ISO cable AND an aerial adaptor and to run an earth from your H/unit to the body (anywhere in the hole you have when you take out the radio). I don`t know about the CD player as most people get rid of the std one when they  replace it with a MP3/cd head unit.
Too old to leave too young to get me pension.
COTM Jan 2013.
I`ve now got me pension
SteveB View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 7:33pm
I used a PC2-13-4 harness adapter to get a Pioneer head working in my P11.
1997 2.0 SLX P11
nissan_ed View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nissan_ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 6:59am
Thanks guys - much appreciated. Sorry for the delay, have hardly had any time to sit down and type!

I had also come up with the PC2-13-4 in my searches, so good to know that someone else turned this one up. It does look a bit different to the plugs I have on the Sony so I'll do a quick visula check later today to be sure it's the one for me, but I assume it should work for all of us with this factory model as the inputs from the dash should be the same.

That link was also useful (cheers) but it mentions not worrying about the earth if connecting the aerial up - does this stand, or is it old info? I suppose I could always do both if unsure...

And if getting rid of the factory CD player, do I no longer need the white block connector at all, or does this still have useful leads attached? It's not in the linked guide, but I'm guessing it's all CD changer-related cabling.
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 7:13am
You HAVE to add an earth :) You have misread that part.

Most of us just attach a wire to the cage and then to one of the bolt holes used for the old bracket.

You won't be using the factory CD changer plug, it just dangles being left unplugged etc. Just leave it where it is, as removing it is a pain in the bum and if you sell the car at any stage, it's there for the next owner.

Good luck and take care,
Shaun
Anton Monad View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Monad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 7:17pm

Just want to clarify about the earth? The guide linked to does  in fact say that it is earthed through the aerial. It only advises another earth "If you wish to run advanced audio such as amplifiers..."

Just want to make sure this is correct and the aerial connection will indeed earth a basic cd player?

Post Reply Post Reply