Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera p11-144 Front Cross member MOT FAIL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera p11-144 Front Cross member MOT FAIL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barbelblanker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera p11-144 Front Cross member MOT FAIL
    Posted: 23 Aug 2013 at 1:09pm
Attempt two, deleted the first one .

I've had a quick look through the forum and see this problem is well known here.

I've got a p11-144 1.8 Activ, after July 2001 with a rotten front cross member. It does need changing whatever the rights and wrongs of it's fail .

What puzzles me slightly is the part I need. I am assuming that this part is welded on and is a radiator support cross member rather than the whole frame that a post on a p12 suggested. I appreciate there is no trading but does anyone have a recommendation for a decent parts supplier ?

Can I also confirm the engine type as a QG18De as I got that information from the ever reliable Wiki...

Cheers,

Pete.

Will take pictures as I am doing the strip down myself , having recently been made redundant.
Grim View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

r1pp3R

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2013 at 1:29pm
There available on eBay . You get the whole front panel but you simply remove the crossmember and use just that part.
Sorry I scraped all those primeras ☹️
barbelblanker View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barbelblanker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2013 at 1:53pm
Thanks for such a prompt response, appreciated.

Had a quick look and found OEM equivalent £145.84 part number 62500 9f530 , sound right?

Cannot afford to order the wrong part..
Ant-Dat View Drop Down
NPOC Legend
NPOC Legend
1998 Primera GT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant-Dat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2013 at 3:15pm
the 144 part for some reason is a lot more expensive than the P11 one.
that price does sound about right.
you do know you have to cut the old off one and weld the new on in place, it's not bolted.

SB "he isn't human, he is a machine that never falter
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barbelblanker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2013 at 5:14pm
Thanks Ant.

I've started the strip down and it's been a pain. Lots of corroded bolts snapping and the air con will probably never work again :( Oops! But then again all I am after is a car that will run for a year or two so I can do without it anyway (it didn't work anyway ).

I appreciate the welding that needs doing but thanks for letting me know or I could really have come unstuck.

Puzzle at the moment is the power steering pipes that go through the cross member . I just cannot see how to get them out of the way without damaging them or stripping all the way back to the reservoir and pump. Do people cut these and rejoin with similar hose to that at the end?

Will post a fuller description (of how frankly not to do it given the number of snapped bolts, but maybe that's what happens after 190000 miles of not being undone) if and when it's all done.

Thanks again for taking the trouble to respond, very much appreciated.

Pete.

Ant-Dat View Drop Down
NPOC Legend
NPOC Legend
1998 Primera GT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant-Dat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2013 at 5:22pm
hope this helps
new rad support panel,

once all the welding had been complete and the paint cured, I have sprayed it with loads of wax oil

Ant-Dat View Drop Down
NPOC Legend
NPOC Legend
1998 Primera GT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant-Dat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2013 at 5:24pm
the above is a P11 but the ide is the same
also got a full load of pics from my old N15 that I did

NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barbelblanker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2013 at 5:52pm
Superb, thanks so much for that. If I am reading the pictures right, it looks like you fed the power steering pipes on the left through the hole then fixed the cross member in place before welding it. Is that right ? Cracking information and pictures.
Ant-Dat View Drop Down
NPOC Legend
NPOC Legend
1998 Primera GT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant-Dat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2013 at 6:24pm
you got it on one, nice time to do a PAS fluid change while your there lol
you might find the pipes sitting odd when fitting the new support panel, it will be due t the cross member only being supported at the rear you may have to remove the cross member to make life easy

let me know if you want the pics of the N16 one as there is a lot more details in there but it is slightly different

rowdy-gti View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowdy-gti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2013 at 6:50pm
I see no point in doing that to a 190k car.
Almera GTi Track Car: 8200rpm DE 191.8whp 211hp @ fly 156lbs torque 1/4 Mile 13.83 @ 101.75. 974kg without driver.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>