Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P11 GT ''Beep'' sound when braking
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 GT ''Beep'' sound when braking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaze_01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11 GT ''Beep'' sound when braking
    Posted: 17 Oct 2013 at 1:11am
hello.

Sorry my english, i dont know the english name for everything and gonna try to explain it somehow...

i need help with something weird.

Today is was changing different bulbs on my car and installed extra lights.

I installed two extra lights in the front of my car, wired up everything and tested, and got it working with the headlights controlling them with the stick next to my wheel.

after that i changed some bulbs (to LED) for the heater/airconditioning switch (right under the cd player)

Then i changed the brake lights from halogen to LED.

Tested everything and worked fine.

i got a nice and bright braking light, and blue light for the switches.

Then after a ride home from work i stopped the car, took the keys out and then i hold my foot at the brake pedal, while holding the foot at the brake pedal, the lights for the clock and the computer lights up and a beeping sound starts.

i release the brake and it stops, tried to brake again and the dash lights and beep sound comes back.

This is the same beep sound you get when opening the door with headlights on or opening  the door without taking the keys out.

its weird because it does not happen with the keys IN, but when taking them out.

its super weird.

because i couldnt see the brake lights turning on. They only worked with the key in the car.
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2013 at 1:30am
Change the brake lights back to what you had in first,see if it stills beeps.
blaze_01 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaze_01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2013 at 1:32am
Sorry for bad explanation. the brake lights do work when key is out.

uploading a video now to show you.

the beep sound comes only when the door is open.
blaze_01 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaze_01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2013 at 1:42am
Check out this video. i did a quick vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UPuNX6Vg4Q
 Post Reply Post Reply