Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12 Vehicle Speed Sensor Location
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Vehicle Speed Sensor Location

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wanangwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 Vehicle Speed Sensor Location
    Posted: 07 Dec 2013 at 10:45am
Hie Guys,

I would like to know the exact location (either with a clear picture) of Vehicle Speed Sensor as my p12 2.0 estate, continuously lose power uphill and the speed drops while am accelerating. This also occasionally happens at flat road surfaces.

Upon  the computer scan results indicated that the problems are vehicle speed sensor (DTC P1720) Engine signal sensor, In pully Speed, Batt/Fluid Temp Sen (DTC 1715). so i want First to test vehicle Speed sensor.

If you can have any solution to my problems u can assist

Thank you in advance

Wanangwa

timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2013 at 12:18pm
have you eliminated that it is not a clutch problem?
If you have then try this

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p12-all-engines-read-reset-ecu-fuel-pump_topic54932.html

I recommend you download the free electronic service manual following the link below

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/nissan-primera-factory-service-manuals_topic29493.html

have a go a disconnecting the battery for 30 mins to eliminate any electrical glitch
Wanangwa View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wanangwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2013 at 6:29am
Thanks for the information.

I manage to download the service manual.Smile

Clutch is just good.

A mechanic advised me that I first change Gear box oil before doing anything. NS-1 is not available here. what could be the exact alternative.

timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2013 at 6:49am
So you have a CVT......Well I am not that familiar with these, they seem fairly common abroad though. from what I have read on here it is essential you uses NS-1, it is red, it is only available through Nissan and is not cheap. Quite a few people have reported success with the oil change so you can appreciate that if the existing oil can degrade to cause the problem it must me something special and an ordinary oil is not going to do.
Wanangwa View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wanangwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2013 at 7:53am
yes its cvt, so what it means is i can only use ns-1 or is there anyone in the group that successfully changed cvt transmission oil  for Nissan Primera Wagon 2002 Engine QR20 cc 2.0 to any equivalent.

Thanks
simplicity View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simplicity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 3:18am
Hi, I'm having the same error as you " In pully Speed" when engine seems to be stuck in low gear. Can you please share the location of the speed sensor. (if anyone can with pics i would really appreciate it. I have the manual but can't seem to find its location. Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply