Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P11 gt central locking, speedometer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 gt central locking, speedometer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nor311 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11 gt central locking, speedometer
    Posted: 01 Jan 2014 at 5:13pm
Hello there! I'm new at this forum. I got a 1998 primera gt p11.
I'm from Sweden so if my English is a bit off then you know why
I got two problems with the car, the first is the central locking at the rear doors, it doesn't work at all, but front doors is. I've opened the door side panel and doesn't hear or feel anything from the lock mechanism.
Second problem is my speedometer. It shows to much speed, in Sweden speedometers show 10kmh to much from factory, but mine shows an additional of 10kmh. When I start the car my speedometer shows 0, when i've been driving a bit and stops the speedometer shows 10kmh when actually should be 0.
When I start the car there is a delay of 4-5 seconds until my revmeter shows anything.
Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated
gazandsue58 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazandsue58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2014 at 7:13pm
Welcome to the NPOC forums, can not help you with this fault but no doubt someone else will be along soon to help you.
gizo View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2014 at 6:21pm
It will be the motors inside the central locking have rusted up.Mine did the same.I managed to get them both working by wire brush/cleaning them.
nor311 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nor311 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2014 at 1:17pm
Thank you for your answer, today I tried to remove the motor, but it was really hard.. Got it loose, but couldn't get it out from the door... Did you remove it completely, or did you clean it inside the door? Think I got to big hands. :-)
gizo View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2014 at 3:32pm
You need to remove the whole white part.I think it was 3 metal bars/pins that need popped out of the holes and unscrew the bolts on the side of door.Its was a pretty fiddly job.
Once you have the white part out,you can unscrew the two sides to reveal the motors.
I cant remember for sure,but I think it was only the lower motor that was bad.The white plastic casing has a drainage hole,but it seemed water had gone in instead and caused rusting.
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2014 at 3:41pm
I can confirm it's a very fiddly job.
nor311 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nor311 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2014 at 4:30pm
Okay thanks for the instructions, will try that out tomorrow if we get any daylight..
 Post Reply Post Reply