Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12 CVT automatic gearbox issues
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 CVT automatic gearbox issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nestornkurunziza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 CVT automatic gearbox issues
    Posted: 11 Jan 2014 at 12:37pm
Hi,
I have issues with my Nissan Primera 2001, TP12, 2.0 petrol engine, Automatic CVT. It is failing to change gears especially when the engine is hot or if driving up hill.
The scanner displays the following error codes:
000d INPUT PULLY SPEED SIGNAL
0013 PRESSURE LINE SENSOR
What these codes refer to? I'm even failing to locate them on the manual. Are they issues with particular parts of the gearbox? Or do they affect the whole gearbox?

Also have some issues with the engine system with the following codes:
P1720 OUTPULY SPEED SENSOR
P1715 INPUT PULY SPEED SENSOR

Can anyone help with this? For the gearbox, do have to replace it?
Many thanks for your help.
Nestor
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2014 at 3:43pm
Hi and welcome to NPOC!.

The codes refer to the speed sensors inside the gearbox, you can replace them i think, but it's quite a job.
Try to source a used box and take the sensors from that, or swap the entire box. Original new Nissan parts will be expensive.

Ex: Primera P12 1.9dCi Estate<b
nestornkurunziza View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nestornkurunziza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2014 at 8:15pm
Thank you very much for the answer. Just a few more questions : are primera speed sensors ( inside the gearbox as you mentioned ) compatible with any sensors from another model? My concern is that this primera are not so many in my country. So it may be hard to find used parts locally!
Many thanks again for your answer. This site is so helpfull!
Nestor
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2014 at 9:12pm
Sorry, don't know. Only thing I can think of is using the part numbers from here:
http://nissan4u.com/parts/primera/el_p12e/2003_9/type_11/power_train/control_switch_and_system/illustration_1/

Ex: Primera P12 1.9dCi Estate<b
nestornkurunziza View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nestornkurunziza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 2:17pm
Many thanks!
Nestor
vee View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2015 at 11:28pm

hello i changed all the sensors on my gearbox but still no power,what is automatic transimission resistor

mudas
pragmatist_m View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pragmatist_m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2015 at 5:33pm
Have you checked your MAF? Loss of power may be due to failed MAF. Try cleaning your MAF of replace it and see what happens.
Your car's problem may be solved if you don't give up.
pragmatist_m View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pragmatist_m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2015 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by vee vee wrote:

hello i changed all the sensors on my gearbox but still no power,what is automatic transimission resistor

Have you checked your MAF? Loss of power may be due to dirty or failed MAF. Try cleaning your MAF with MAF cleaner or replace it and see what happens
Your car's problem may be solved if you don't give up.
aadsampath View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aadsampath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 7:51pm
bump
gfhghh
aadsampath View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aadsampath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 7:53pm
i have also this problem, sometimes stuck in one gear, no gear changing in cvt, guys do u have any idea what is the wrong? i change cvt fluid and ran 10,000 kms only, do u think it can be step, stepper motor in cvt??
gfhghh
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>