Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 boot / trunk lock problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irishdoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 boot / trunk lock problem
    Posted: 27 May 2014 at 8:14pm
Do you recognise the following symptoms? Dashboard icon indicating the boot is open, unable to own the P12 boot, luggage area light staying on? I started by finding the little slot below the lock on the inside of the boot so that I can open the boot. However I find that the problem happens when the sun shines on the back of the car. I've replaced the lock & opening switch-button with new Nissan parts. The problem still happens & the car-horn sounds. I now know that if I bang my hand on the outside of the boot up on the left-hand side about 6 inches from the roof that the light goes off & I can open the boot. I've checked the wiring going through the cable going into the car body but no obvious problems. Then the sun comes out & it all starts again. I'm seriously considering the use of a sledgehammer!
Electrolyte View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 10:27pm
Welcome to NPOC [<>]

Don't think anyone has had this problem yet but I'd say, looking at the cable run you're on the right track.
You will most likely have to peel a fair bit of the insulation wrap to see where the break is and sounds like it's the power to the switch lying next to a ground wire with both being bared and then touching intermittant.
If in doubt give it a clout!
pragmatist_m View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pragmatist_m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2014 at 4:13pm
The connections might be having a kind of partial contact.That's why with a little bang you got the result. Try checking the wiring and connections carefully.
Your car's problem may be solved if you don't give up.
Irishdoc View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irishdoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 8:12pm
Thank you for the advice. I have gone through every boot wire & connection that I can find & there is no obvious loose connection or breaks in the wires. However there has been little sun in the last few days. I will leave the plastic panelling off in the boot and when the problem happens again I'll have another look at the wiring and see if moving the wiring stops the problem. At least that would give me some idea of the problem areas. Watch this space!
 Post Reply Post Reply