Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New P10 owner

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Scouse boy View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scouse boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New P10 owner
    Posted: 07 Jul 2014 at 7:57am
Hi mate,

it's the last time I let my mate go near the car, that's for sure. I will definitely do my research first :) thanks for everyone's help

Craig
RS Tom-Hundred View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member
Condiment King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RS Tom-Hundred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2014 at 12:20am
Hi Craig!  Glad you found the link I mentioned and got it all sorted back to how it should be Big smile 

Deffo be carefully about just firing carb cleaner in as the crap it cleans off can end up in the engine rather than out of harms way.  Also avoid removing/moving any of the sensors or throttle position/potentiometer stuff, especially if not in the timing mode as it can cause issues like you had.

gazandsue58 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gazandsue58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2014 at 7:29pm
Glad the car is running brilliant
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scouse boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2014 at 5:38pm
Thank you very much good sir, the car is now running lovely and idling beautifully :)

I will still take it to the garage for the timing, but am very happy :)
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2014 at 4:41pm
http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/setting-sr-base-idle-and-timing_topic23853.html
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scouse boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2014 at 4:37pm
I have been advised that the ECU needs to be entered into a mode for the timing / idle to be set? How can this be done? I can't find anything on the 'how to' section

Craig
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scouse boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2014 at 1:32pm
Cheers mate, will take it to the garage :)

p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2014 at 1:31pm
You need to set the timing if it's out of spec, you do this via the distributor,so you will need a timing gun if you want to do it yourself or you can take it to a garage,10 min job for a garage to do it.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scouse boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2014 at 1:23pm
The car is now running :) The timing is out and is idling around 1000rpm once warm. Do I continue to adjust the TPS or take it to the garage to get the ignition timing set?

Any help is greatly appreciated
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scouse boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2014 at 11:08pm
Cheers man, will keep you all updated.

Hope to make JAE this year so be good to meet some members of the club

Craig
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>