Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 - keys not working!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jemstride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 - keys not working!
    Posted: 10 Aug 2014 at 11:52am
Hi, I've got 2 keys and this morning neither will open the car, so I can't get into it.

Is there any other way of getting in, and what could the problem be? My only hope at the moment is to walk to a shop that sells batteries, to give that a try.

Thanks
JFV View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JFV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2014 at 12:39pm
You can open via key in the front passenger door
jemstride View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jemstride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2014 at 1:41pm
I couldn't see a 'slot' earlier but i'll go and take another look. cheers
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2014 at 1:59pm
Here you go Jem, this should take away any doubt :)

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/cant-open-my-car_topic60891_post775404.html#775404

Many thanks,
Shaun
jemstride View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jemstride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2014 at 2:04pm
Thanks buddy, I managed to get in the car. However it won't start, even the hazard lights won't come on, so I'm thinking somehow the battery has completely died. Pretty sure I didn't leave lights on, but I'll try and get a mate with jump leads
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2014 at 2:10pm
If it's making a clicking sound when you try to start it or the lights on the dash do not appear or go very dim when cranking,then the battery is likely to be flat.

jemstride View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jemstride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2014 at 2:25pm
theres nothing at all - someone else has just said to me that if the battery is dead then jump leads won't help, need a battery charger
jemstride View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jemstride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2014 at 2:34pm
which leads me to wonder, is it easy to remove a battery? Mine's the 52-plate 1.8 SVE
gazandsue58 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazandsue58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2014 at 2:51pm
Should be, one bolt down the front of the battery and then the terminals should just lift out then.
jemstride View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jemstride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2014 at 3:12pm
Thanks. Although now the halfords website is saying its the other way around; if it's totally flat then it's jump leads you need. Well I've got a mate coming tonight with jump leads so I'll just hope that sorts it!
 Post Reply Post Reply