Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Sat Nav Maps Update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bart1980G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 Sat Nav Maps Update
    Posted: 01 Sep 2014 at 3:45pm
Hello all
I'm quite happy with my 2005 P12 Primera SX 2.2 dci for over two years now despite replacing clutch last month and other bits and pieces...I'm also new on this forum and this is my first post-topic, so getting to the point:
Stated above model comes with built in SAT-NAV that would be often extremely useful for me due to character of my profession. I tried it already and is much better than TomTom or mobile phone which keeps falling under seat on every roundabout or loosing GPS signal. Unfortunately its still 2005 Maps Version so It don't have any roads that were built after that date which results in System getting confused and myself lost Ouch - bottom line is I can't really utilize my built-in SAT-NAV without updating it first to recent Maps Version Cry...
I have been reading NPOC forum posts on anything related to subject of P12 SAT-NAV for some time now and that topic in this link: http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/nissan-primera-p12-birdview-navigation_topic51425_post772965.html was closest to solve my problem but unfortunately none of the links in there that supposed to let me download updated maps works anymore.
Is there anyone among you good people who might know solution to my problem Clap ?
Or is it paying couple of hundreds £ to Nissan Dealer for a one disc is my only salvation Angry ?
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2014 at 5:18pm
Hi and welcome to NPOC!

When I go to the gpsunderground website and click on one of the links in a post underneath the linked post, I can download without any problem.... ???

Ex: Primera P12 1.9dCi Estate<b
Bart1980G View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bart1980G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 3:51pm
Hi Wickydude !
Thanks for an answer on the subject...
I Had no idea about existence of "gps underground" website that you kindly mentioned in your post - checked that out already and found something that I think you meant
- In there: http://gpsunderground.com/forum/renault-nissan-infiniti/20394-nissan-dvd-navigation-system-x6-2012-2013-a.html

wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 4:16pm
yeah, that's the one. Same as in that topic on npoc you mentioned, just one or two pages further Wink

Best find some Verbatim DL DVDs, burn at the slowest speed.

blade1 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2014 at 2:52pm
I have tried that link and don't seem to be able to download - it says you have to be a premium member.......
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2014 at 3:43pm
You have to read carefully. From the gpsunderground website you click the link.
You are redirected to some download site. There you get to choose between a free slow download after 30seconds waiting time OR become a premium member to download faster.

Bart1980G View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bart1980G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2014 at 2:46pm
Back again here... Rockonwith my P12 SAT-NAV Update mission - found 2012-2013 map version on "gps underground" in there: http://netfolder.in/folder.php?folder_id=3LBIc5w 
Downloaded it with jdownloader which downloaded 16 WinRar bits and automatically extracted them into two files in one folder - one is MDF File and second is MDS File.
I did install ImgBurn also and I know that disc should be Dual Layer Verbatim burned at slowest speed. Im almost sorted then...I just need to be sure which file(s) exactly I should burn on to the disc ?
- MDS ?
- MDF ?
- Both ?
- Folder that contains those files ?
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2014 at 8:32pm
I has been a while since I have done it but pretty sure point image burn to the mds file and it will handle everything else
Bart1980G View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bart1980G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2014 at 7:54pm
Just want to let u know guys that I am now enjoying fully updated SAT-NAV in my Primera Banana
I have burned that to "Verbatim 8x DVD+R DL" using ImgBurn by clicking option "write image file to disc" and selecting MDS file in 3x burning speed.
I would like to thank you all for your technical support on that matter Respect
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2014 at 8:07pm
Clap well done!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>