Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 alarm and radio problems...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sneakergeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11 alarm and radio problems...
    Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 12:42pm
Hello, sorry if this should be 2 topics!

I have a 1997 P11 Primera SE 2.0 auto. I've bought it as a little project. It's mechanically sound (just passed MOT with no advisories) but has two problems- the alarm going off when I unlock it with the key, and the screen on the radio not working.

Alarm-
The key fob doesn't work - I've changed the batteries in it, and tried a few things I've read to re sync it to no avail. When I unlock the door with the key, the alarm goes off. Is there anyway to fix this without disconnecting the alarm? 

Radio-
factory standard radio installed, I'd like to keep it this way so I can use the CD changer etc. The screen lights up, but doesn't display anything. It will play radio for a bit (sometimes 10 mins, sometimes 45 mins, sometimes 2 mins, then it will stop and just beep- but I can't see the screen to know what message it is displaying! I've taken the stereo out, taken it apart and cleaned all the components in the face plate and put it back together, but it's still doing the same thing. Is there anyway I can fix this? Would buying another radio and swapping face plates?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Theoxenia View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Theoxenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 1:16pm
For the radio see http://www.instructables.com/id/Repair-a-Malfunctioning-LCD/ - you will need a T8 bit to access the ribbon connection. Worked 90% for me.

Fob - when reprogramming as per http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p11-p11-144-p12-reprogram-your-keyfobs_topic10148.html - ensure you press the lock button 3 time quickly - I had to try sverel times before getting the knack.
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 6:50pm
If you lock the car via the driver door then you open the car again via the key then open the door,the alarm with go off...That's how the system is,bit strange if you ask me...Found this out a while back myself.You could of seen if this was the case if you could of opened the car via the fob instead after locking it with the key.  

However if the alarm is going off also when not doing anything with the driver door lock,a flat key fob battery are the normally the cause iirc.

Post Reply Post Reply