Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Front Member & brakes Help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 Front Member & brakes Help
    Posted: 13 Nov 2014 at 6:28pm
You could try running a little sealer behind it in the area where it's directly leaking from.
MasterRS View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MasterRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2014 at 1:44am
yeah i think its the window seal from what I've worked out..whats a solution?
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 8:31pm
A window seal or door seal may not be water tight or the window is not fully closed.Carefully check the rubber seals for any signs of deterioration. 
MasterRS View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MasterRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 8:28pm
Weird my phone didn't bring that up!! Sorry missed it. Thanks redshank. I've noticed another fault with my Primera today..unsure how its happened but anyones opinion would be appreciated.Well took the car to have it washed and notice the water was rushing through one panel. The driver side rear door, well if water comes in near the window it leaks straight through the panel..All the way to underneath the vehicle..any ideas on how this happens and if its a easy job to fix?
redshark1 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redshark1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 7:36pm
I told you in my post above Wink.
See my Nissan Primera P11-144 common faults and fixes guide:
MasterRS View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MasterRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 6:57pm
is there some secret site i shud be looking for re-con callipers? haha
MasterRS View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MasterRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 6:56pm
okay haven't managed to find any reconditioned calipers on eBay? I need it for drivers side rear, as that the caliper that binding. 
I'll ask this mechanic if he does rust work and if he does i'll ask him to treat it. All he did was looked underneath at that rad support panel and he said yeah i can see its peeling and is rusting but I wouldn't worry about changing it yet. I'm sure rust proofing it isn't a big job so hopefully he won't charge me much more
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 6:25pm
+1 on the recon caliper...a recon caliper is likely to last a long time before any problems start with it.But if you chance getting a used caliper then you should properly clean it up or you're more likely to have a problem with it sooner or later.

As for the rad support,completely remove any rust first then treat with kurust etc,then prime/paint ie topcoat and finish off with  underseal etc.
redshark1 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redshark1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 8:27am

Don't get caliper repair kit or second hand caliper get a reconditioned caliper Thumbs Up.

The ideal thing to do with the radiator support panel would be to rustproof it but otherwise leave it until it has to be replaced. You don't know if you'll need to replace it.
See my Nissan Primera P11-144 common faults and fixes guide:
MasterRS View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MasterRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2014 at 10:59pm
Yeah mechanic last time said same tbf as you time shock and he told me doesn't need doing
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>