Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Front Member & brakes Help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2014 at 9:43pm
Yep get some pics up and will tell you on condition of rad support etc is in.
MasterRS View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MasterRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2014 at 12:01am
Okay will it have to be the underneath of the radiator, just i don't have any way of getting underneath really am thinking about that now unless I park it on a curb maybe?
MasterRS View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MasterRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by redshark1 redshark1 wrote:

Front of car, yes!

What you need to do is check them yourself as I described above and then you can make the judgement. Pretty simple really.

Or, you need a friend to check them out.

Or, you need a mechanic you know and trust.

Or, you are in the hands of a garage that may well do what is in your interest but I have found that some do what is in their interest and charge accordingly.

But I'd say you need your brake sorting asap if it is binding as it will only get worse.

You could always get the garage to show you the binding brake and corroded support panel and see if you agree!

Well i've had a look at the engine and I bopped my head underneath the car and to be honest i can see corrosion starting to occur but nothing that looks like a radiators going to drop to me..went underneath the car too and again couldn't see much rust. I'm going to upload some pictures, hopefully they capture what you need to get to as it was difficult to photograph but if i need more am sure you guys will point me in the right direction. But my mainframe was also the same about getting national to show me the binding brake and corroded support panel..espically as then i could take a pic and tell them i'll think about it when really i'll report back here.

MasterRS View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MasterRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by MasterRS MasterRS wrote:

Front of car, yes!

What you need to do is check them yourself as I described above and then you can make the judgement. Pretty simple really.

Or, you need a friend to check them out.

Or, you need a mechanic you know and trust.

Or, you are in the hands of a garage that may well do what is in your interest but I have found that some do what is in their interest and charge accordingly.

But I'd say you need your brake sorting asap if it is binding as it will only get worse.

You could always get the garage to show you the binding brake and corroded support panel and see if you agree!

Well i've had a look at the engine and I bopped my head underneath the car and to be honest i can see corrosion starting to occur but nothing that looks like a radiators going to drop to me..went underneath the car too and again couldn't see much rust. I'm going to upload some pictures, hopefully they capture what you need to get to as it was difficult to photograph but if i need more am sure you guys will point me in the right direction. But my mainframe was also the same about getting national to show me the binding brake and corroded support panel..espically as then i could take a pic and tell them i'll think about it when really i'll report back here.

I don trust national anyway they tried to tell me that you can buy a summer tyre now and it'll be fine all year round PMSL
MasterRS View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MasterRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 5:11pm
http://s9.postimg.org/6aahw83xb/photo_5.jpg

http://s28.postimg.org/i44lt1bod/photo_4.jpg

http://s29.postimg.org/muj442hdj/photo_5.jpg

redshark1 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redshark1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 5:25pm
I cannot see the rad support panel on any of those pics. This is what I see:
1. View of underbonnet
2. View to drivers side of engine including alternator
3. View of underbonnet (the same as 1.)

Well done for checking on the brakes tho.
See my Nissan Primera P11-144 common faults and fixes guide:
MasterRS View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MasterRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 5:31pm
http://s4.postimg.org/bow0kux5p/photo_5.jpg

MasterRS View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MasterRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 5:32pm
am uploading now..if am wrong can someone give me help of where i need to take a photo? thanks
MasterRS View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MasterRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 5:36pm

MasterRS View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MasterRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 5:37pm

I cannot see the rad support panel on any of those pics. This is what I see:
1. View of underbonnet
2. View to drivers side of engine including alternator
3. View of underbonnet (the same as 1.)

Well done on the brakes tho.

the brakes? why have you spotted something on the brakes? I haven't had the binding brakes looked at or done yet but am going to get it done..i had a good look underneath and above the area you sent a pic of and tried to get pics too of the same and i can see rust on it but it doesn't look too bad to me..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>