Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Front Member & brakes Help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MasterRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 7:53am
????
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 8:07pm
Look at the link Redshark gave you on page 1
It shows clearly where the crossmember is.

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/nissan-primera-p12-front-crossmember-issue_topic36054_page1.html
redshark1 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redshark1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 8:57pm
Have a read of this post there's lots of pics showing you whats what! Thumbs Up

See my Nissan Primera P11-144 common faults and fixes guide:
MasterRS View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MasterRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 12:46am
hi thanks for that post..so when i open the boot up i need to take a pic of bang in the middle?
MasterRS View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MasterRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 12:47am
I think I've seen that part your referring to but its in the middle and further down is that right? Its not as rusted as that one in that thread..
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by MasterRS MasterRS wrote:

hi thanks for that post..so when i open the boot up i need to take a pic of bang in the middle?

You don't need to lift the boot! That's the rear of the car...The rad support is at the front of the car. 
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by MasterRS MasterRS wrote:

I think I've seen that part your referring to but its in the middle and further down is that right? Its not as rusted as that one in that thread..

Yep low down towards the center directly under the radiator towards the front of the engine bay.
MasterRS View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MasterRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 11:11pm
hi sorry i meant that. I did see that part and it was in some of the other pictures i posted, it has got rust on it but doesn't seem to me like its so rusted it'll fall apart. 

MasterRS View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MasterRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2014 at 1:01pm
Well I found a mechanic through Facebook who works from home and is a mobile mechanic. well he said basically National were lieing - the front radiator support panel yes it does have rust which is slightly peeling off but its not severe and theres enough support that your radiator wouldn't just fall off, so in his opinion don't replace it and it doesn't need doing. The back brakes that National said were both 'binding' well one of them wasn't binding at all and the driver side one was binding as the piston is catching in the brake caliper, so he took it apart cleaned it, copper silled it and basically then refitted it. Can't recommend him enough! I then watched and it wasn't catching nowhere as much as before. He obviously told me that eventually i will need to replace the caliper but this should fix it for a good 6 months. All in all a good £40 spent as I was worried about using a mechanic who visits you at home but he is really good tbf
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2014 at 7:52pm
Can't complain at just 40 quid to your place also,bet your well pleased mate.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>