Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 1.6 Check Engine Light

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 7:55pm
Simple place to start certainly, then it could be the oxygen sensor  or Coil pack
Storm Eye. View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm Eye. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 8:17pm
Will keep you posted, thanks again.. 👍
Storm Eye
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 8:40pm
Coil pack is probably the most common cause.
It can be easily identified by swapping No4 with one of the other 3 and seeing if the error code changes. 0301 if you swap it with coil pack 1 for example.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm Eye. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 9:00pm
Thanks imckay, will have a look tomorrow. Cheers
Storm Eye
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm Eye. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 1:19am
Hi I am still getting rough idle with my car. It is cutting out on a cold start in the morning. I have changed spark plugs, changed over ignition coils, cleaned throttle body.. I am getting the codes 0304 and 0300. I am at a loss at what to do next.. I know Timeshock mentioned Oxygen sensor, could it be the fuel pump. My mpg has dropped significantly since the problem started. I have not really been driving the car instead using my dad's... Any help would be appreciated
Storm Eye
Tran$porter View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tran$porter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 7:21am
Good morning,

This wont fix the issue but it may make diagnosis a bit simpler.  I have recently had a lot of faults with my P12 2.2 Dci causing various fault codes to be stored and found it to be a pain to read them out so i bought a WiFi OBD2 reader from Ebay that plugs into the car (about £15) and Dashcommand software (£8) for my Iphone.

it makes code reading easy and supplies the meaning of the fault code too, it also gives some pretty cool 'live' info readings from the car.  It certainly made my diagnosis easier.  Have a look and see if you think it would assist you.

Hope this helps

"All men die! Some never live" - '54 P12
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm Eye. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2015 at 2:53am
Hi there Transporter,
Will do, thanks again. Will keep you posted...
😃
Storm Eye
SHAMBOGHMAN View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMBOGHMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 5:57pm
Works perfectly Thanks. I have codes 01 and 02, any idea what they mean?

MICHAEL
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by SHAMBOGHMAN SHAMBOGHMAN wrote:

Works perfectly Thanks. I have codes 01 and 02, any idea what they mean?

01 and 02 are not recognised Codes. Should be 4 sets of Numbers
How are you getting the Codes ?
SHAMBOGHMAN View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMBOGHMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 10:23pm
i used the sequence for reading and resetting the codes that is given on  this site. Maybe I read them wrong. I cleared the warning light and it has not come back on again, so i assume it's ok.

MICHAEL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12