Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12 Radio Problems (intermittent)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Radio Problems (intermittent)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spg1346 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 Radio Problems (intermittent)
    Posted: 02 Mar 2015 at 10:42am
Good morning, Very newby here with a question please.

Have bought a 2004 Primera p12 (2.0sve)
Radio seems to have a mind of its own !! Today it came on and worked perfectly well, good sound and signal then without warning or reason it went off (silent) even though radio was still on.
I switched car off and back on, again radio sprang into life but seconds later silence !!
Please helppppppppppppppppp
Steve G
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2015 at 4:19pm
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake
Not sure if I recall an issue quite like this one, have you any blown bulbs or recently changed any?
You may want to have a look here and may wish to try this to eliminate this issue

Michael123 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2015 at 5:45pm
Hi there,

I am new to this forum.
But i actually have kinda the same issue as the topic maker.
When i start my car the radio sometimes starts also, but sometimes it doesnt start at all, and i can drive for several hours without the radio showing any signs of starting, sometimes a quick "restart" does the trick, but most of the times the radio doesnt even turn on for a whole week.

But my question to this topic is, if the solution metioned above helped the topic makers problems?
and if any of you have any other solutions to this kinda trouble?

I have had a chat with my mechanic, who said that a possible solution would be to change the screen, but he said that it would cost me from 200 to 600 Euro's, but to me that sounds very, very expensive?

Best of regards,
Michael
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2015 at 6:30pm
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake
The author of the original thread never got back so hard to say if he had a solution. In you case I don't see what changing the screen has to do with it. do you think you are losing power to the unit?
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2015 at 8:11pm
Thx for the welcome ;)

Well, i dunno if I'm losing power to the unit tbh.
I'm not that great of a mechanic myself :P

The only thing i can say for sure is that last week the screen showed the black screen with the green bare and the safe text. Then this weekend something must have tapped all the power from the battery because i had to get it started by my brother Monday morning, and after that the screen have turned back to "normal", with that said it's still doing the weird "no signal" thing or whatever the cause is, where the radio starts and stops by itself, and sometimes it doesn't even work for several days.

But about losing power to the unit, then i don't know if i could measure it in any way?
After the battery died this weekend, i had a friend take a measurement on it, and he said that everything seemed normal.

The problem with the radio have been there since last June i think, on/off, some months it has been working fine with no problems, and other months it haven't worked at all :S
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 2:47pm
anyone with a solution to my problem maybe? :)
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 7:06pm
I think you have several things going on here and it is a little difficult to decipher what you mean. The Green 'SECURE' Warning is stating either you have a fault with the audio unit or the communication with the NATS (Nissan Anti Theft System)

You need to locate your power drain and sort that out somehow, have you any lights left on either external in the cabin or the boot.

Have you any blown bulbs, have you recently changed any?

When I say power loss I mean no electrical supply (intermittent)
 Post Reply Post Reply