Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

nissan primera p12 fault cleared,is part good?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rumpelstilskin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 8:01pm
I knew you would ask that,no!Im not telling you!! ;-)Ok then,since you asked nicely.
I was at my wits end with this,pumped the primer till i was blue in the face,nothing.Then i read a guy on here saying he disconnected one end of the fuel line that comes off the left hand side of the fuel filter(looking from car front),he disconnected it from the fuel rail end and then inserted a small fuel funnel into the rubber fuel hose.
He then filled the funnel with diesel and let the diesel slowly feed down the hose,through the filter and down the other side of the filter,occasionally giving the primer pump a few gentle pushes.Eventually you'll get no more diesel in!
Reconnect hose at the fuel rail at this point and turn car over,after a few tries for the first time i got a little diesel out of the injectors when i cracked them open!!Then i knew it was on the way to running,cant remember who it was but thank you!!
rumpelstilskin View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rumpelstilskin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 7:34pm
I think its also worth mentioning all this non starting hassle started 'just' from replacing the scv,reading procedures on here for replacing the scv there isnt much mention of non starting and the system even 'needing' priming in anyway?No fuel pipes were even disconnected.
I did however replace the fuel filter the next day but it wasnt starting before this.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 8:18pm
Was it a like for like replacement?
Something clearly is wrong to the point you have had to try an alternative method on the primer pump
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rumpelstilskin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 6:49pm
Like for like,you mean the scv or filter?Scv was a denso,filter was a Fram i think.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 9:24pm
I can't remember you stating you changed the filter just an additional problem with primer.

I was referring to SCV, to be honest with this thread in ts current form I cant remember if this is the DI or dci 1st edition P12 or 2nd. I tale it yours has only one SCV with no coloured ends
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rumpelstilskin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 9:31pm
I changed the scv then car wouldnt start,just an afterthought a couple of days later i changed the fuel filter incase it was blocked to rule that out.My scv just has the one connection,a grey push on plug connection.Date of manufacture for the car is 09/09/2004.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 9:49pm
Try putting the other one back in
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rumpelstilskin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 5:07pm
I tried it it didnt start,car is fine now anyway thank god,see 'it lives" post.Just temperature gauge to fix now and a leaky exhaust and everything will be tickety-boo!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12