Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hey Hey

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hey Hey
    Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 1:26pm
Hey Hey Hey

I am Dee,  Been looking online for some advise about the car i just brought stumbled upon this forum and thought, there must be some like minded people here that can help and share opinions and ideas

I live in London and have recently purchased a Nissan Primera 2004, 1.6 S. Got it for a decent price. Just needed something to get around and to my knowledge Nissans are reliable

I had a couple questions that i hoped the good people of NPOC could help with at least so i could get to know my car better. Honestly i am terrible with cars and being an IT engineer, I am much better with IT networks and systems. So questions as follows

- when i reserve and lock the steering, i get a squeaking sound that occurs.. what might this be ( would take the car back and speak to the seller but too far away)

- my edition doesnt have the reservse camera nor does it have the SAT NAV. is there anyway for me to change the stereo unit to something more modern or update the SAT NAV funtionality. I have this black GPS icon that is directly above my handbrake but dont do anything

other than that....I am happy with the car

SO again...pleasure to be here 
PrimeraPhill View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrimeraPhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 1:57pm
Hi and welcome,

The squealing sound will more than likely be your power steering belts, maybe they need changing or maybe they just need adjusting? Is the steering heavy too? And feels like it's pulling back against you on full lock?

I don't have much knowledge of the p12 that you have, but someone will be along shortly to help you for sure :)
MOTM APRIL 2016

PINK Primera GT
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 3:20pm
Hi,welcome to the forum,

As above check the tension and the condition of the PAS belt.
deemac View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 5:07pm
the steering pulls back
but thank you very much at least i know what it is and can try and get it sorted

deemac View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 5:08pm
thank you for the welcome
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrimeraPhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by deemac deemac wrote:

the steering pulls back
but thank you very much at least i know what it is and can try and get it sorted

If it's pulling back is say it's the belts, they can be adjusted quite easily, my mechanic adjusted mine recently for free, as it took him next to no time, I unfortunately couldn't tell you how to do it though!!

Belts also only cost me £20 fitted so again not a massive job.

I can't help with the ICE stuff though I'm afraid!
MOTM APRIL 2016

PINK Primera GT
deemac View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 5:31pm
[/QUOTE] 

If it's pulling back is say it's the belts, they can be adjusted quite easily, my mechanic adjusted mine recently for free, as it took him next to no time, I unfortunately couldn't tell you how to do it though!!

Belts also only cost me £20 fitted so again not a massive job.

I can't help with the ICE stuff though I'm afraid! [/QUOTE]

Really appreciate the info, at least i know when i go to my mechanic what he needs to do
Like i said i aint familiar with cars so i dont know what ICE is Confused

Thank you advanced for explaining the abbreviation 
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrimeraPhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 5:36pm
Ice - in car entertainment/ in car electronics.

I can't help with your sat nav, camera etc, as I don't have the model you have!
MOTM APRIL 2016

PINK Primera GT
deemac View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 5:58pm
thank you for all your help thus far
LOL

timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 6:40pm
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake
Just to give you another take on the PAS, check the fluid level in the reservoir.

As for the head unit it is possible with a great deal of effort on first edition non sat nav cars, yours being 2004 could be 1st or 2nd edition, but given your candid statement on technical skills this is going to be a no goer.

Sat nav aftermarket fitting is also a no go.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>