Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

nissan primera p12 dci no power

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
petterg View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petterg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: nissan primera p12 dci no power
    Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 2:02am
you should clean the egr hole with carburetor cleaner. There is a spring loaded valve in there. It should move freely. If it's not clean the valve doesn't close fully, which will cause loss of power. I use to spray carb.cleaner in there while moving the valve by hand until I feel it operates smoothly.
And you should drive with the egr cable disconnected while debugging this. The 1.9 dci does not go into limp mode when egr cable is disconnected. I assume that also goes for the 2.2.
EGR valve sticking will cause slow/late turbo pressure build up.

When nissan say they replaced the egr valve, I think they just replaced the solenoid, not the valve itself.

Your problem could be caused by boost sensor or maf read wrong values, which will cause the ecu to adjust fuel injection too rich (black smoke) or too lean (no smoke). Get a ECU readout of intake pressure and boost pressure while driving. That could give you a clue.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2015 at 6:30pm
If you had an issue with the pressure valve you would get either p0192 or p0193 errors codes, low, high pressure respectively.
weechicken09 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weechicken09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2015 at 12:39pm
I dont know how it ran until the SCV was done and and the pump reset there is a fuel rail high pressure sensor on the top left of the engine, if its faulty could this be the problem ????
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weechicken09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2015 at 12:32pm
The car runs fine infact it runs brillant and very quiet, no they never checked the fuel pressure, could it be the fuel pressure valve sensor ?
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2015 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by weechicken09 weechicken09 wrote:

No the turbo kicks in ok, you can feel it, its as if something was hding me back like a big elastic band, and no calipers sticking its just not geting the power it should have ?????
Did Nissan check your fuel pressure, when was the last time the fuel filter was changed?
Did the car run OK when you changed the SVC?
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2015 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by Mukus Mukus wrote:

Hi guys. First time pleas forgive me about my English language skill.

So. I have Nissan primera 2.2 dci and now I got problem.
I'm not sure about the parts name is right or no. From the inlet manifold come rubber hose to the turbo pipe and this hose has split. Is a very short pipe on both end have different size.. I couldn't find on ebay or in the scrap yard. Do you know where can I find. or just I searching with wrong name.....

Thanks for help.

Sincerely Mukus
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake

I recommend you download the free electronic service manual following the link below

you will clearly be able to identify the part from here.
page EM 146 or EM 230 depending on which manual you download

you can then try
then many of the parts motor factors, other than that you are going to have to wait and be patient for the part to appear at he scrap yard or on ebay
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weechicken09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2015 at 10:15am
No the turbo kicks in ok, you can feel it, its as if something was hding me back like a big elastic band, and no calipers sticking its just not geting the power it should have ?????
Mukus View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mukus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2015 at 9:56am
Well I'm not sure but if the egr valve its fine and there is no leak on the air system, I can tell you maybe is some injection problem.You have black smoke when you try accelerate on low gear? Anyway deffinetly is not the turbo problem. 

NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weechicken09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2015 at 9:46am
Already did no splits or no leaks
Mukus View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mukus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2015 at 9:37am
Check the hose from the inlet manifold. I had same problem and that hose was split....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>