Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Xenon light problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 Xenon light problem
    Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 10:32am
Hi.
Nissan Primera p12 from 2007, saloon 2.0 petrol.
My right low beam just went off. All the other lights/bulbs are working; position/parking, High beam and indicator.
Have tried to exchange the bulb and igniter/ ballaster from left head lamp, but still no light In the right but light in the left head lamp.
Could it be a relay? If so, where is the relay located?
I really hope someone have suggestions to solve my problem.
Electrolyte View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 4:24pm
2 relay's ( one for each side ) in relay box in engine compartment behind the washer bottle.
They are the ones closest to the windscreen at each corner of the box. The one in the middle is for the horn.

The headlamps are controlled by lighting switch which is built into the combination switch.

Power is supplied at all times

to lighting switch terminal 8  through 15A fuse (No. 41, located in the fuse and fusible link box) and to lighting switch terminal 5 through 15A fuse (No. 42, located in the fuse and fusible link box) and to headlamp LH relay terminal 3 through 20A (Gasoline engine models) or 15A (Diesel engine models) fuse (No. 37, located in the fuse and fusible link box) and to headlamp RH relay terminal 3 through 20A (Gasoline engine models) or 15A (Diesel engine models) fuse (No. 36, located in the fuse and fusible link box).
If in doubt give it a clout!
petterg View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petterg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 5:44pm
There are two different setups for xenon low beam. If you live in DK as in Denmark you may have the same as we have in norway. If so, your light switch has three positions: AUTO (low beams turns on when engine is started, turns off with engine), PARKING, and ON (independent of ignition key position).
If you have one of those, the power to the low beams go two different paths for AUTO and for ON. Only ON is going through a relay. So, if the relay is the problem, your low beam will work in AUTO and not in ON. In AUTO power is provided via a control unit located under the side panel next to the drivers feet. If that control unit is broken, your low beams will not work in AUTO, but they will still work in ON.
If your lights is not working in any of those positions, the fault is probably in the lamp unit or wires near the lamp unit.

petterg View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petterg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 5:56pm
FSM page LT27/28 shows the circuit and names the mentioned control unit "Daytime light control unit". PG103 shows its location.

K27 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2015 at 12:29am
Thanks a lot for the fast answerings from DK .
I really appreciate the helpfullnes on this site. I will try to go on with the suggestions given me.
K27 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2015 at 12:36am
Yes I am from Denmark. Thanks for your describtions. I am sure they are valuable in my further searching for a solution of the problem with the low beam light.
K27 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 9:54pm
It was the ballast underneath the headlamp unit which was the problem. Got a new one and it works,- but only when I turn on the the light manually. When I turn on the engine (auto) there is no light. So the problem must be the control unit next to the drivers feet, - as you said. I have tried to remove the sidepanel but i can still not find the unit. Is it next to the clutch pedal?
Thanks
petterg View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petterg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 10:27pm
Yes. Close to the floor. Just pull off the side panel, and you'll see the box.
bror View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bror Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 6:04pm
I realize that this is an old post. But I had a problem with the lights on my (Swedish) 2005. 

When I turned the engine on only the left headlight worked. The right one was dead. 

When I turned on the lights manually both headlights worked.

After reading this thread I took off the panel by the drivers feet and could dismount the "Daytime light control unit".

When I took it apart it was clear that one of the three relays had more or less burned, the plastic had partly melted. Probably the result from bad contact in the relay resulting in sparks. 
I bought a new relay for approximately 2 Euro and now the lights works as it should again.

The "Daytime light control unit" is a fairly uncomplicated thing with very few components, so if you are having problems with it: Take it apart and have a look. In my case it was easy to see what the problem was, even though I'm far from a professional when it comes to electronics.
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 11:37pm
Well done bror for fixing your problem. Thumbs Up
5 years to make your 1st post,.................. must be a stalker. LOL
Welcome to NPOC. Handshake
Roy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>