Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Salute from Sri Lanka

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maverick37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Salute from Sri Lanka
    Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 5:03pm
Hello Everybody,

It's a pleasure and a real honor to be part of this wonderful club!
Respect to the owners and moderators who invented this and drive it, for today we have a brand identity and a proud culture of our own among millions of motor enthusiasts around the world.

I'm very happy to be part of this great forum and community which not only helps one another but also shares a timeless passion for the Primera brand of Nissan.

My story is long but I'll try to keep it short and crisp.
I've driven a few cars in my life and this is the first I bought. I was the 5th owner of this Nissan Primera P12. It's a 2001 2.0 Petrol make imported to Sri Lanka 10 years ago from Japan. She was in decent shape when I brought her home; interior, exterior and usage after 85,000 Kms. I wanted my first ride to be different and  in the Primera 12, I saw a diamond in the rough. I would cut her...shape her...polish her and carve out her personality which reflects my spirit. The car's stock condition when I bought is also shown below.

Although Sri Lanka too is home to a small crowd of P12 lovers, I wanted mine to be very unique so worked on the exterior for a few months and she's on the road now. The Primera P12 is a very different car in many ways from design out so I'm slowly getting to know her and want to learn deeper on how she operates etc Thre are certain things I have in pipeline to optimize in her. Looking forward to share, contribute and learn!

Cheers Guys!

My Ride: Before & After

Be Different, Be Unique, Be Special, Get a Primera!

2001 Nissan Primera P12
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 7:13pm
Hi welcome to the Forum Wave

PrimeraPhill View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrimeraPhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 8:22pm
Welcome mate.

Like the look of your p12!!!

Did you change the colour, or was it always black? Looks good to me mate
MOTM APRIL 2016

PINK Primera GT
OriginalGoth View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OriginalGoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 8:35pm
Welcome to the forum, Maverick.

I'm liking the look of your P12.
Have you got all of the centre section (hood, roof, & trunk) all in Matt? I do like that.

I also like your headlights and how you've continued the line of the hood on them.....Very Nice Thumbs Up
I didn't buy it because I had to have a car, I bought it because I had to have a Primera
Maverick37 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maverick37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 9:08pm
Thanks for the welcome and positive feedback guys Smile

The car was pearl white with beige interior.

Yeah, I thought I'll make it two-toned; hood, roof, trunk, rear spoiler, alloys.
The side skirts and rear bumper are carved, carved areas are in matte as well.

Having a second tone will allow me to blend a theme into the car, even seasonally.
Like I can apply a carbon fiber vinyl film on these areas next year etc

2001 Nissan Primera P12
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 9:13pm
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake

I like the look of that a lotThumbs Up
shurv View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shurv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 9:51pm
Hi and welcome to the forums Im really liking the look of that alot, nice work. Any other pics

roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 10:18pm
Hi Shane. Welcome to NPOC  Handshake  Thats 1 nice P12 you have there.  Thumbs Up
Roy
Maverick37 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maverick37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 11:49am
Thanks guys. Here you go Smile

Exterior needs a little more tweaking.
I'm more focused on the interior now...would appreciate your input and advise in certain areas.
Shall start a new topic in Help & Queries Section.

2001 Nissan Primera P12
Stevie-Boy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Legend Elite

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie-Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 12:14pm
That looks great, lot of work there!
2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Member of the Month: Jan 2014
ex P11 Si, P11 GT, P11-144 Sport+, P11 GT Turbo, P11-144 Wagon, Subaru Legacy B4 RSK, 350z, Type R
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>