Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12 SVE- Navi Issue; "Secure" Green
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 SVE- Navi Issue; "Secure" Green

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ridgb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 9:15pm
Electrolyte! (maybe too early to celebrate.)

But when I was viewing the car i saw a Screw cover broken on the driver's door suggesting the door card was taken out at some point. Ill have a look first thing tom morning.!

Speakers going o/c intermittent. Faulty em coil? i.e faulty speaker?
Dont lean on it like a Monkey Boy!- Delboy
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by ridgb ridgb wrote:

Thank you imckay!

It is indeed very close. Ill get in touch with then tomorrow itself. 

btw have you got any experience with the problems I have been facing? 

Kindly shed some light if possible.

Thank you 

No sorry.
I had some involvement with finding the fix for the common Sat Nav problem that you experienced on your Mum's car. I spoke to Clarion Service. They were very knowledgeable.

Hope you get it sorted.
ridgb View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ridgb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by imckay imckay wrote:

Originally posted by ridgb ridgb wrote:

Thank you imckay!

It is indeed very close. Ill get in touch with then tomorrow itself. 

btw have you got any experience with the problems I have been facing? 

Kindly shed some light if possible.

Thank you 

No sorry.
I had some involvement with finding the fix for the common Sat Nav problem that you experienced on your Mum's car. I spoke to Clarion Service. They were very knowledgeable.

Hope you get it sorted.

Ahhh! That issue shouldve been an official recall! Great job Sir. 

Thank you.

I really hope Im able to fix this issue soon soon! I want to drive and enjoy my P12 which is also my first car (I ride a motorbike primarily).
ridgb View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ridgb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 11:00am
UPDATE:

The problem has been resolved. It indeed was the audio unit at fault. However before I just got the replacement recoded, I performed the following inspection(s):

1) Since the problem was intermittent, I suspected a loose connector. So plugged the original audio unit back in. Wiggled and Jiggled the 3 connectors and Voila!... It came on. Stayed on. Switched power on/of using the key of course. Still worked. 

2) Left in the the car for a couple of hours came back and did not work. Once again a good shake, came on. 

3) Checked the 3 connectors one by one and the input/ control connector (biggest/longest of the 3) was found to have some relation. So Shear type force is both the axes seemed to respond positively.

However on other occasions it did not seem to have a very direct relation to the issue.

4) Anyhow, I cut the connector off and soldered wires to to the pins on the audio unit and connected them to the corresponding loom wires using Chocolate bar block connectors. 

5) To my disappointment, the problem persisted. Wiggling and shaking was the eventual solution every time suggesting a fault -- Probably a bad solder joint (Heat Expansion dependant- Similar to the Navi unit issue). 

6) So the connector was installed back (using the block connectors -for the time being!) and the replacement unit was installed and of course the "Secure" in yellow was welcomed back in my life.

7) Finally the unit was re-coded by Steve from Tech2 Car Audio repair Centre in Birmingham for £30. 

Car Audio Repair Services
322 Hob Moor Rd
Birmingham, West Midlands B10 9HJ

(I am not advertising. I am sharing a resource that people might find useful. He works very closely with Clarion)

It works 24 hrs later. Wish me luck! :D

Thank you Timeshock, Electrolyte and imckay!

Got a couple more niggles. New threads! 

Drive safe.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2015 at 6:40pm
Pleased you got it sorted and feeding back your solutionThumbs Up
ridgb View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ridgb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2015 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by timeshock! timeshock! wrote:

Pleased you got it sorted and feeding back your solutionThumbs Up

Thank you Sir! 

Still a few niggles to sort out the major one being the malfunctioning temp gauge. I have posted a new thread.

If you find time kindly have a look. 

Thanks in advance! ClapThumbs Up
Electrolyte View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2015 at 9:24pm
Definitely sounds like it has dry joints at the internal pins to pcb connection.
If you open it up you may be able to see them and resolder, then keep as a spare.
It would of course have to be coded back to the car if that ever happened , or maybe even sell it on.
Glad you're sorted and nice to know an independent has the equipment to recode. 
If in doubt give it a clout!
ridgb View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ridgb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2015 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by Electrolyte Electrolyte wrote:

Definitely sounds like it has dry joints at the internal pins to pcb connection.
If you open it up you may be able to see them and resolder, then keep as a spare.
It would of course have to be coded back to the car if that ever happened , or maybe even sell it on.
Glad you're sorted and nice to know an independent has the equipment to recode. 

Hello Electrolyte!

Yes that is what I guessed but I was so tired of opening closing the casing, removing plastics etc etc 

I just wanted to stop investigating and getting the problem fixed. Luckily I was going that way so it was not a proper 'travelling to get fixed' journey.

Yes indeed he was well equipped for this job- hardware and skill set.

I have posted another thread regarding a temp gauge issue. If you find time kindly have a look and shed some light.

Thank you so much.
banditsmoke View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote banditsmoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2016 at 5:58pm
Hi all.
Sounds like we have fun and games with these "secure" with a green background.
My stereo doesnt work and nor does the central locking! So I can lock the thing:/
Main dearlein Ipswich just said "There sounds like there is a fault with the audio not talking to the key etc. we can't help".
Would it need just recoding as I need to get this car locked.

Thanks
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2016 at 8:19pm

Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake

It may or may not be separate faults, I take it you do not have a spare key to check the door locking?

If not try to re-code it, have you recently change the key battery?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>