Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hi - help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi - help!
    Posted: 05 Dec 2015 at 1:23am
Good to find this place - I've been googling for answers to two problems I have (power cutting when indicating, and volume going crazy when turning wheel) which seem quite common, but I can't find the easy fix here I was hoping for!  

Is there a garage/expert somewhere near the Crawley/Gatwick area who knows these issues and can provide a fix? Or are there parts I can buy and fit (no soldering - just simple plug and play is about my level of expertise). 

Thanks in advance. 
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2015 at 9:01am
You need to do the earth fix on your rear light :) Go to the "How To" section and find the topic. It's an easy DIY one, done on your drive.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2015 at 9:29am
Hi and welcome to the forumThumbs Up
Not sure why you unable to find this issue on here as there are so many different ways of getting to this help

I take it you have a P12

simple earth fix as Shaun says
Dusty123 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2015 at 11:25pm
Thanks for this - I eventually found it by searching from google, as the site's forum search doesn't point to the fix.  So grateful to have found it; it was then fifteen minutes work to achieve a complete solution- I don't know how it could possibly have also caused the radio controls to alter while the wheel was being turned, but that seems to have fixed itself too. 

Now my only problem is an ESP error apparently caused by the steering sensor. I have again spent time searching the site for 'steering sensor' without any luck both on google and on the internal search here - is it so rare a fault as not to be covered? Anyone know how difficult it is to DIY repair? 

Thanks again, great site.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2015 at 11:37am
To be honest I will be surprised if the ie earth fix also resolves the turning of the steering wheel issue, keep us posted with this on please.

As for the ESP

Basic Inspection EFS001I1

PRELIMINARY CHECK 1: (BRAKE FLUID LEVEL AND LEAK INSPECTION)

1. Check the fluid level in the brake reservoir tank. If the fluid level is low, refill the brake fluid.

2. Check the area around the brake piping, ESP/TCS/ABS actuator for leaks. If a leak or oozing is detected, check as follows:

If the connections at the ESP/TCS/ABS actuator are loose, tighten the piping to the specified torque.

Then check again for leaks, and make sure that there is no fluid leak.

If the flare nuts at the connections and the threads of the ESP/TCS/ABS actuator are damaged, replace the damaged parts. Then check again for leaks, and make sure that there is no fluid leak.

If a leak or oozing is detected on other parts than the ESP/TCS/ABS actuator connections, wipe the applicable part with a clean cloth. Then check again for leaks, and if there is still a leak or oozing, replace the damaged part.

If a leak or oozing is detected on the ESP/TCS/ABS actuator body, wipe the applicable part with a clean cloth. Then check again for leaks, and if there is still a leak or oozing, replace the ESP/TCS/ABS actuator body.

CAUTION:

Do not disassemble the actuator body.

3. Check the brake disc rotor and pads.

PRELIMINARY CHECK 2: (INSPECTION FOR LOOSE POWER SUPPLY TERMINAL)

Check the battery for looseness on the battery positive/negative terminals and ground connection. If looseness is detected, tighten the piping to the specified torque. Check that the battery voltage does not drop and the alternator is normal.

PRELIMINARY CHECK 3: (INSPECTION FOR ABS WARNING LAMP, ESP OFF INDICATOR

LAMP, AND SLIP INDICATOR LAMP)

1. Check that the ABS warning lamp is ON for Approx. 0.5 seconds when the ignition switch is turned ON. If it does not turn on, check the ABS warning lamp and the circuit, and the combination meter.

2. Check that ESP OFF indicator lamp is ON for Approx. 0.5 seconds when the ignition switch is turned ON.

If it does not turn ON, check the ESP OFF indicator lamp and the circuit, and the combination meter.

3. Check that the SLIP indicator lamp is ON for Approx. 0.5 seconds when the ignition switch is turned ON. If it does not turn ON, check the SLIP indicator lamp and the circuit.

4. With the engine running, check the ESP OFF indicator lamp turns ON and OFF when the ESP OFF switch turns ON and OFF. If it dose not operate in accordance with the switch, check the ESP OFF switch and the circuit.

5. Check that the ESP OFF indicator lamp turns OFF after Approx. 2 seconds delay when the ESP OFF switch turned ON (The ESP/TCS system was not operated). If the ESP OFF indicator lamp does not turn OFF in 10 seconds from the engine start, perform the self-diagnosis of ESP/TCS/ABS control unit.

Post Reply Post Reply