Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

nissan primera p12 faulty alarm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weechicken09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: nissan primera p12 faulty alarm
    Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 8:44pm
hello, my alarm goes off itself maybe once a month just out of the  blue, flashing lights and siren....havent a clue why.......2005 sve.....???????Confused
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 9:06pm
These can be really annoying, sometime it is down to a tiny fly in the cabin but in your case if it is regular I think it is a voltage drop that the system is detecting. Do you think it occurs on cold nights?
weechicken09 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weechicken09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 9:18pm
yes, it happened tonight,,,and maybe the last was a couple of months ago

NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 9:42pm
You might want to get the battery checked under load before it lets you down in other ways, apart from that I am not sure what to suggest, the system can be interrogated by consult II but I'm not sure if activations are recorded
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by timeshock! timeshock! wrote:

These can be really annoying, sometime it is down to a tiny fly in the cabin but in your case if it is regular I think it is a voltage drop that the system is detecting. Do you think it occurs on cold nights?

I didn't know that a fly could set it off Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 9:58pm
I think the ultrasonic cabin sensors can be triggered, when it has happened to mine there has been one flying about in the cabin, could be 2+2 =5
Stoatwblr View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoatwblr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2016 at 1:51pm
Mine kept getting set off by passing lorries or (loud) boy racers.

I ended up desensitising the ultrasonics by putting sticky dots over them.

petterg View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petterg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2016 at 10:05pm
It took me about 2 years to figure out what made my alarm go off at night.
It happened only when parked in front of the garage at home. If I parked closer to the house, inside the garage, or any other place in the driveway, it never happened.
Also it happened between 11pm and 3am, on cold nights after sunny days, and only in the spring or autumn, never in summer/winter.

The solution: don't leave the key in the hall! I see two possible explanations:
1) WHere I used to leave the key, was near the fuse box for the house, and also that the key intersected a imaginary line between the fuse box and the car. I suspect that something (maybe a heater) triggered some electromagnetic fields around the fuse box that made the key send out a panic signal. (There is no button for panic on this key, but that doesn't mean the panic signal doesn't exist as a possible signal in the key.)
2) Where I used to leave the key, it was exactly on the limit to where its signal could reach the car. Maybe temperature changes (or other external circumstances) made the key go in and out of coverage so much that the alarm got confused.

Anyhow, I started to store the keys in another place, and the alarm has never gone off since.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2016 at 10:22pm
Cue the X Files musicLOL
Stoatwblr View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoatwblr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2016 at 11:02pm
Was the spot where it happened anywhere near the exhaust from your boiler by any chance? Did you ever notice pawprints on the roof/windscreen of the car? (Mine's been set off by a cat jumping onto it from a nearby roof)

The key itself is very simple and there's no provision for a panic mode in the chip, so it can't be transmitting one. Additionally it has no passive-mode handshaking with the car at all, so distance between the keys and the car won't make any difference.

Cue even louder X-files music.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>