Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 - 144 - Auto level control

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nissan p11 144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 6:59pm
How did it end? I am Considering the same procedure.. is it not just plug n play?
Please be honest😅🙈😂
Røde View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Røde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 12:39am
The headlights itself are plug n play, but i ended up building the auto aiming thing my self.

But it is very easy to just swap out the xenon aiming motors to the halogen ones, this way you can just use the normal headlight aiming switch. (then of course you have to put in the old halogen, every time you are in for a MOT)

Nissan p11 144 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nissan p11 144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 6:44am
Thank you very Much.. i just Got a pair offered..
Is the xenonlight significant better- Do you remeber that?
I Think i'll give it it a try and Then just use the old aimin motors..
how have you build your own, Do you have a link with some kind of walk through?
Dont Think the mot, here In Denmark Would check the headlights, when it is original.

Hope you understand..
Thank you very Much
Røde View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Røde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 4:15am
The xenon headlights, lights up the road very well (please consider to put new d2s bulbs in it)

The way i built the auto aim "controller" is:

I mounted a ultrasonic sensor (parking sensor) in the back of the car, with the sensor pointing down to the ground.
With a arduino i controlled the headlights according to the parking sensor.
The headlights get's its signal via a voltage divider controlled by a group of relays. (the headlights need a signal between xx to xx volts)

When the car has been started for the first time, the headlights will go all the way down then up. (like the new cars), this was mostly done to fool the MOT guy :P

Røde View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Røde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 4:18am
and by the way..

YES the Mot guy WILL check the headlights, when he notice the xenon lights.
they checked mine.

SÃ¥ joo, de skam dine om dine xenon lygter har automatisk lygte justering og lygtevasker.

Røde View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Røde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 4:21am
Total stavefejl 

Rettet:
SÃ¥ joo.. de tjekker skam, om dine xenon lygter har automatisk lygte justering og lygtevasker.
schwen View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 6:40am
P10 Army - G20.net MOTM April ´09 - NPOC.co.uk COTM April ´11
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nissan p11 144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 7:59pm
Haha, kan du snakke/skrive dansk? Bor du også i danmark så?
For det er da noget nemmere- for mig 😂🙈😇
bavs83 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bavs83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 8:27am
Over her in UK, if a car has Xenon headlights, it must then have headlight washers which work to pass the MOT. You can fit this quite easily tho either from another bumper or make your own. You'll need to split the water supply from the washer bottle unit but if you go scrap yard you'll be able to buy everything and put it in.
It's not what you drive....It's how you drive!
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nissan p11 144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 8:51am
I allready have the orig washers for the headlights- just not the xenon🤥
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12