Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P11 GT - Engine Replacement Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 GT - Engine Replacement Queries

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pulsar&Primera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11 GT - Engine Replacement Queries
    Posted: 31 Mar 2016 at 1:26pm
Hi all

Please if anyone could help clarify some queries I have

Long story short, my P11 GT engine is running but very very loudly, and it is certain it is terminal.. I personally think its an oil circulation problem and its not driveable at all. Makes a hell of a racket.

Anyway I am looking to replace the engine with an Almera GTi engine if possible? My question is, would this work?

Would the Almera GTi engine be able to go into the P11 GT body with all its electrics, NATS, gearbox, driveshafts, engine mounts, gearbox linkages.. everything really? (to make it easier to install)

I am only asking because I can get hold of an Almera GTi engine cheap but the black top GT engine fairly expensive.

I have read that the differences between the Almera GTi SR20DE engine and the P11 SR20DE GT engine are similar in the power range except the GT's ECU gives the extra XX bhp to give 150?

Hope anyone can help as I'd like to put this neglected GT back on the road and not break it!

Thanks

Ash
Grim View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

r1pp3R

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2016 at 3:46pm
Yes it will fit without any issues with nats as that's in the car not the engine.
Sorry I scraped all those primeras ☹️
Pulsar&Primera View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pulsar&Primera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2016 at 3:50pm
So no problems at all, both the engine setups (engine mounts are the same?)

Thank you Grim for helping
sprint View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2016 at 4:57pm
Bare engines will swap and change, you don't want to be putting the almera wiring into the primera or anything like that though, that will cause you nightmares.

There was something with side and top feed injectors depending on the year of the p11 isn't there? Pretty certain you can just swap the whole inlet manifold over, as iirc the looms are different? Long time since Iv messed with a p11 though and I haven't done much on them anyway so grim could confirm that I'm sure
1991 H eZX - standard minter
1992 J eGT - sr20ve
1992 J eZX 4x4 Turbo
 Post Reply Post Reply