Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan primera p12 radio problems / swap

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazster7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan primera p12 radio problems / swap
    Posted: 03 May 2016 at 10:17pm
I own a 2002 p12 and want to change the head unit but have encounted problems ...the original system only seemed 2 work if a hot day or driving 4 a long period of time so I've decided to get rid of it 👍 I've taken the cd drive out the tower in the centre and put my own head unit there I'm struggling to find the ISO lead to fit the Nissan attachments I've brought 3 diffrent 1,s from ebay all claiming to fit the p12 😁🔫 also it has a sat Nat that I never used as didnt have the disk I got one of ebay that looked in good condtion but it said failed to read ? Also how do I know the spec and extras for it ...it hasn't got leather seats or heated seats but does have the cd/sat nav and also has a sub built in under driver seat it has a reverse cam but it's in black and white ??? And it doesn't have radio controls on the steering wheel either
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 10:41pm
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake
Your Primera is a 1st edition P12, 2002-04, the P12 underwent cosmetic, wiring and spec changes 04-06. I'm guessing your is an SE/SX with the sat nav being an optional extra, but I may be wrong.
You cant simply change the head unit on a P12 especially with sat nav as many of the instrument functions are run through the unit. It has been done with some hassle but never on a sat nav enabled system.
Your best option would be to obtain a straight swap but you will have to have it re-coded to the car by a main dealer. Some dealers can be a bit sticky about this and you may have to prove good providence.
Just to be absolutely certain about the sat nav you do have two units in the dash, one CD for audio playing and the other DVD for the sat nav program and data disc?
Gazster7 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazster7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 12:42pm
Yes defo two drives the cd at the top n sat nav at bottom
Gazster7 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazster7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 12:46pm
Look at this link this is what im trying to achive ...http://youtu.be/82Gsc45Dm-Y
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 8:05pm
Welcome to NPOC,

Do not remove the DVD drive. You will lose the Screen and Climate Control

I believe the adapaters listed for similar age Almera fit.

Alternatively cut the wires and wire up manually - Service Manual with good wiring diagrams
http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/nissan-primera-factory-service-manuals_topic29493.html

There are a few builds on the Russian Primera Site
Put this into Google Translate http://www.primera-club.ru/f/baza-znaniy-tuning-p12/55261-zamena-shtatnogo-ekrana-golovnogo/
 Post Reply Post Reply