Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

nissan primera p12 sat nav

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kitty321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: nissan primera p12 sat nav
    Posted: 21 May 2016 at 12:25pm
hi i put a disc into my sat nav and got a message disc read error what could that mean many thanks jim
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2016 at 11:58pm
was it a program disc, a map data disc, genuine, copied?, what year update?
kitty321 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kitty321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2016 at 5:46am
it was a disc out of a friends primera just to check it was working before i bought a disc
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2016 at 9:31am
You have not supplied sufficient information for me to be able to give you accurate advice.
What year is car?
What is your car's spec?
What year of the car did the disc come out of? I take it that it works in the other car?
What message do you get when the disc is not in the dvd player?
Exactly where is the dvd player located in you car?
What screen do you get with sat nav? a world or 'Nissan'
kitty321 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kitty321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2016 at 11:11pm
car is a 2005 sx the disc came out off a 2005 t spec which it does work in the message is map dvd rom not in slot the drive is under the passenger seat and it starts with nissan sorry for delay been hectic here
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 10:08pm

05 sx is a 2nd edition P12 where the sat nav was an optional extra, probably factory fitted, it should be fully compatible with the disc from the t-spec. If your saying you get the Nissan logo followed by disc not in slot when no disc is loaded it tells me you have the latest program data and is awaiting the map data disc. After loading the map data you then get disc read error it is probably a faulty unit. Can you get hold of the program disc from your mate and try that?

gerard1810 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerard1810 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 10:38am
hi iam looking to update my sat nav ive p12 primera i tryed the links on this site but they dont work
gerard devine
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 3:40pm
yeah you are stuffed I am afraid updates are longer easily available
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 7:45pm
Have a Google/Ebay for Nissan Xanavi

I believe it is the X6 version you need
gerard1810 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerard1810 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 5:22pm
yes i got the x6 update but its a newer one i need
gerard devine
 Post Reply Post Reply