Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera p12 2004 1.6 p0121 code

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilsonzac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera p12 2004 1.6 p0121 code
    Posted: 22 Jun 2016 at 10:15pm
My nissian has gone into limp mode an saying that p0121 is the code. Had both sensors relating replaced relating to the code, still car is in limp mode. Have been told I need a new ecu. Is this right? I know next to nothing about cars
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2016 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by Wilsonzac Wilsonzac wrote:

My nissian has gone into limp mode an saying that p0121 is the code. Had both sensors relating replaced relating to the code, still car is in limp mode. Have been told I need a new ecu. Is this right? I know next to nothing about cars

Chain more likely than Ecu ,when the Chain goes it comes up with the sensor code and even when replace or swapped it still comes up with the same code,this is due to the ECU getting confused by the cam and crank sensor as the timing goes out o sync due to the slack chain, when bad enough it can lead to intermittent starting issues too.
Wilsonzac View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilsonzac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2016 at 11:14pm
Cheers for the reply. Is it easy to tighten the chain or does the require a new one? . Nissan were the ones that have suggested it was the ecu but I shall try this befor anything else
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2016 at 12:13am
Simplest and cheapest thing to do is to remove the rocker cover and inspect the chain/tensioner plunger, the tensioner takes up any slack in the chain as it wears but it might of reached it limit.

Fjp12 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fjp12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 5:21am
Hi Wilsonzac,

Did you manage to fix your car? I am having the exact same issue and both the pedal sensor and throttle body has been replaced.

Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply