Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 qg18de engine replacement

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 qg18de engine replacement
    Posted: 24 Jul 2016 at 10:56am
hi,
i have a nissan primera p12 1.8 qg18de with a broken engine, and i can't find another qg18de engine to replace it, so the question is, can i replace it with any other nissan engine even if it requires some changes ?
thank you

ps: i found a samsung sm3 qg16de engine, and somme nissan sunny engines, can they be adapted to remplace a qg18de ?
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2016 at 12:09pm
I can't give you a definitive answer but I would think you are going to run into a myriad of issues not least trying to get all the electrics and ancillaries to fit and work
samir View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 2:29pm
what if I get another engine with all its ancillaries and electronics ? does it solve theses issues ?

NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 5:00pm

I think you need to talk to someone out there for some advice who swaps engines in and out, I just can not see how this would work.

samir View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2016 at 11:21am
i was told that the nissan sunny b10 engine can fit, can someone confirme that please ?
samir View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2016 at 12:22pm
up, any advice please ?
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2016 at 9:25pm
You need the same engine or you be having even more headaches.
samir View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 5:56pm
the probleme is that i'm looking for months now, without finding the same engine
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 6:28pm
Have you considered the qg16de or qr20de you would probably need the transmission to go with them but should be straight swaps?
samir View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 9:11am
I found a qg16de available , but I have not bought it before being sure it can suit, i was told that if i change also the flywheel for the qg16de one it will fit, what do you think ?
thank you.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>