Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 unable to run

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2016 at 3:59pm
There are two procedures - Throttle valve closed Position learning and Idle Air Volume Learning to be performed both procedures are listed in the manual with the link above
d60_tag View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d60_tag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2016 at 4:13pm
Thanks Timeshock- will check it out. Thumbs Up

I'm kind of sometimes good at 'fixing things that aren't always broken' -thinking will make the car better but seems sometimes it can disturb things also.
mattsix View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattsix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2016 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by d60_tag d60_tag wrote:

Originally posted by timeshock! timeshock! wrote:

Hmm, although it may well have something to do with the throttle body/throttle control if you mess with it need re-setting ......

Would that be idle reset/ relearn? Does this happen sometimes when people clean the TB/ butterfly?
Have heard that if you touch or disturb the butterfly then you may have to do idle reset?
Is this true?
Was going to clean my P11 TB but maybe I will not bother if I could upset it - what is the situation exactly and how do you do an 'idle reset'- if that is what maybe needed? Does it have to be done by Nissan themselves or can anyone do it?

Diy but do take the throttle body off...and behind it the maf sensor can be unscrewed.
It's quite a hardy maf sensor but i managed to kill one.
d60_tag View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d60_tag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2016 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by mattsix mattsix wrote:

Diy but do take the throttle body off...and behind it the maf sensor can be unscrewed.
It's quite a hardy maf sensor but i managed to kill one.

Yea, thanks Matt- I already had the MAF off and cleaned that twice in a year, 2nd time it did not even need cleaning. Mine too seems to have survived the cleaning ok but luckily is a hotwire type rather than the film type, which seem like they are much more sensitive to cleaning and getting damaged in the process.

Not done the TB / Butterfly though or Idle Control Valve, will look at the re-learn procedure in the manual- just incase I do upset anything.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12