Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12 Manual Transmission Oil Check
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Manual Transmission Oil Check

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anas.khateeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 Manual Transmission Oil Check
    Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 8:29am
Hello everybody

I have P12 2004 QG 1.6 5 speed M/T

The question I have is how to check transmission fluid level?
the service manual explains the procedure this way:
1. Check oil level from the filler plug mounting hole as shown in the figure (Page MT-11)
2. Set a new gasket on the filler plug and install it on the transaxle.
3. Do not reuse gasket.

What I don't understand is each time I need to check oil level really I need to replace the gasket?
 The picture shown in the manual explains that I have to open the filler gap and insert my finger inside to  sense fluid level !!!
 All cars what I had before the P12 had dipstick to check transmission oil level.

Does anybody know a better way how to do that?

Thanks in advance

timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 9:07am
That is the only way to do it and it is to ensure you have know leaks, to be honest it is only there to fill it to the correct level when you change the transmission oil and unless you have a leak it does not need to be checked
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 12:08pm
Only other way to really make sure it's still full,is to try adding some more,it should start to run out from the filler plug,then it's defo full.

As for gasket,a bit of Teflon tape on the filler plug will be fine.

I've never seen a dipstick for a manual transmission before.Just for autos.
Anas.khateeb View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anas.khateeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 4:55pm
Yes didn't come to my mind, all cars what I had before P12 were Automatic.

I don't have any leaks, I don't have any problems in the transmission. Just thought to check nothing more.

Thank you all for your answers.
Anas.khateeb View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anas.khateeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 4:58pm
Another question please if anyone knows:

My car is made in UK. is that means the parts are made in Japan but the car assembled in UK?

Or it's completely Made in UK?

Thanks 
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 6:31pm
Car parts come from over the world, however the majority are UK/European and have synergy with Renault.

The Japanese models are different from the European models
 Post Reply Post Reply