Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 - Radio in SECURE mode

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donnib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 - Radio in SECURE mode
    Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 12:43pm
Hi,
My Nissan Primera P12 has had problems for many years with the red car showing up and car can't start. Have not solve it yet but i can see some suggest the barrel sensor (will check that soon) but now i have another issue. My Radio sometime (most times now) says SECURE on green background then i can't control/use it. Sometime SECURE does not show up but the radio behaves weird like i can't turn the volume up/down. I have fitted myself a PArrot MKi9200 many years ago that worked fine but otherwise it's the original radio that installed. I have just replaced the car battery lately because i think i had some start problems with it. Does anyone know if this radio problem can/is related to the one with the NATS/barrel sensor or that the battery has been bad sometime ? 

/donnib
ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 3:55pm
Green secure usually can be something that can be resolved by the dealers, have to get it on their system and recode the Nats...
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 6:16pm
Yes it may be related, clean the antennae, try also disconnecting the battery for half an hour, otherwise it could be a faulty unit
donnib View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donnib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 7:54am
After many trials i can't seem to find the problem to this. I checked the barrel sensor but i can't seem to see a problem with it. There was somebody talking about an earth fix, could this be related ? If the unit is bad i guess i can't "just" replace it since it's coded to the car or ? I can find a radio at a junk yard and i know how to open it up but is something else required ?
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 9:01am

There just seems too many things going on here to be able to make any diagnosis with any confidence.

Is the parrot unit still fitted and working? have you checked its fitting over time?
I am unsure if this is a AV problem or a NATS issue. if the former a replacement unit will need coding to the car. If the latter it could be faulty antennae, NATS unit or some wiring/connection between them. Does the red car symbol still occur?

You don't mention the age of the car, the earth fix is very simple to do and is generally used on 04 aqnd before models, not usually for this issue but give it a go.

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p12-rear-light-removal-now-with-simple-earth-fix_topic16533.html

The audio unit uses the aerial as an earth you might want to have a look at that or just earthing the unit to see if anything changesThumbs Up

donnib View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donnib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 10:06am
Yes the Parrot unit is still fitted and works fine WHEN the radio decides to work and not go into SECURE mode. The car red symbol has not occured in quite some time (more than 6 months). When the SECURE problem occurs it does not seem to be in connection with the Red card light. I get VERY often SECURE on the unit but as i mentioned very rare the red card light. It seems like two different problems i think. The car is from 2004. 
donnib View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donnib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 10:17am
The model is Nissan WP12 (station wagon) with motor QG18. 1.8 engine
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 12:25pm
Silver dials or orange and red?
Both problems may be unrelated BUT have NATS in common, so I would be checking your Parrot integrity with all wiring and connections in the NATS. Is it possible to disconnect the Parrot?
donnib View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donnib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by timeshock! timeshock! wrote:

Silver dials or orange and red?
Both problems may be unrelated BUT have NATS in common, so I would be checking your Parrot integrity with all wiring and connections in the NATS. Is it possible to disconnect the Parrot?

Not sure which dials you mean ?

No it's not possible to disconnect the parrot without opening the dashboard up to the audio unit up also it's hard to test if it's the parrot since the problem is not always occurring. I noticed that many times the problem occur in the morning leading some thoughts about humidity but i don't know.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 7:27pm
Dash dial. RPM, Speedometer.

Not sure how you can check any connections without access to the rear of the audio. fairly elementary checks to do.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>