Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12 Headlamp / Immobilisor issue
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Headlamp / Immobilisor issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicky1364 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2017 at 4:45pm
Very frustrating, we have only been trying to resolve a nats issue for a week 
but ready to chuck it and scrap the car 
a mate phoned 17 auto electricians and dealers ,  they either refused to touch swearing 
about the nats system or started their quotes at " hundreds "
YETTY View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YETTY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 2:10pm
Nobody on here seems to know either?

timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 2:39pm
Just re-reading through this thread Yetty, if this was an immobiliser fault it would turn over and there would be no fuel or spark, if you have nothing then I would suspect one of the main fuses 40A fusible link letter J in the engine compartment. You have put the battery in the right way?
What warning lights do you have?
Electrolyte View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 5:53pm
Difficult to see why simply cutting out a bad socket and splicing in a replacement would kill the car unless as suggested the battery has been installed the wrong way round which I imagine would not be easy to do, but I know someone managed it.
If in doubt give it a clout!
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by Electrolyte Electrolyte wrote:

Difficult to see why simply cutting out a bad socket and splicing in a replacement would kill the car unless as suggested the battery has been installed the wrong way round which I imagine would not be easy to do, but I know someone managed it.
there was someone on here just a few weeks ago that did exactly thatConfusedOuch
Electrolyte View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by timeshock! timeshock! wrote:

Originally posted by Electrolyte Electrolyte wrote:

there was someone on here just a few weeks ago that did exactly thatConfusedOuch

That's the one I saw. The mind boggles Shocked
If in doubt give it a clout!
YETTY View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YETTY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2017 at 12:08pm
Hi,
Thanks for replying to my post, firstly regarding the 40A fuse, I am getting all the dashboard lights when turning on the ignition, so (a) the battery is fitted correctly, and (b) has the 40A fuse blown? what does the fuse supply? I am not used to having an Anti - Theft System like this one, I didn't realise that even when my car was in NATS mode that the car should still turn over, so   this is still a mystery.
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2017 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by YETTY YETTY wrote:

I am not used to having an Anti - Theft System like this one, I didn't realise that even when my car was in NATS mode that the car should still turn over, so   this is still a mystery.

Turning over is a mechanical process (cranking etc) and there's no real logical anti theft system in the world which would prevent that.. Which is why it's always done on fuel or spark.

Anyways, really hoping you get this one sorted, who would have thought disconnecting a battery would cause this much ball ache :(
YETTY View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YETTY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2017 at 2:54pm
Hi,
I beg to differ re the mechanics, as my old chrysler's factory fitted immobilisor prevented the ignition to work so nothing at all.

I can't beleive replacing the battery would do this either ? :(
YETTY View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YETTY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2017 at 2:56pm
I hope that I can find the solution to this puzzle.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>